Mangino and Majerus

TheA_Bomb

Former players coming out criticizing Mangino (KU head FB coach) for his tough talk at practice. One claimed he poked his finger in his chest.

I know the board is split over this topic on how much is too much (yelling, discipline, etc). I just think this is the continuing de-masculation of America. Would Jack Ham complain if a coach poked a finger in his chest? If I were to line up opposite that guy (LB Arist Wright) I would have a lot harsher things to say about him after his whining about a finger poke.

It plays into another issue as well. All of us on this board are guilty of it, over-information. Nearly every player has their own web-site (myspace, facebook, twitter etc), message boards, bloggers, texts, camera-phones with all that nearly everything ends up becoming public knowledge. If most people were recorded all the time they would say something inappropriate or that can be taken out of context. Will we one day become numb to this? Or will it only continue and we must be guarded in all our interactions?

We have a recognizable coach who has been the subject of an expose' before. How long until this happens to SLU? This is happening during a .500 season at KU they aren't winning like they have been. Maybe it happens to SLU if we start to struggle. Winning cures all and it is fun but losing and having a coach that gets in your face is no fun. I don't think these over-pampered athletes of today can handle that.

Former players coming out criticizing Mangino (KU head FB coach) for his tough talk at practice. One claimed he poked his finger in his chest.

I know the board is split over this topic on how much is too much (yelling, discipline, etc). I just think this is the continuing de-masculation of America. Would Jack Ham complain if a coach poked a finger in his chest? If I were to line up opposite that guy (LB Arist Wright) I would have a lot harsher things to say about him after his whining about a finger poke.

It plays into another issue as well. All of us on this board are guilty of it, over-information. Nearly every player has their own web-site (myspace, facebook, twitter etc), message boards, bloggers, texts, camera-phones with all that nearly everything ends up becoming public knowledge. If most people were recorded all the time they would say something inappropriate or that can be taken out of context. Will we one day become numb to this? Or will it only continue and we must be guarded in all our interactions?

We have a recognizable coach who has been the subject of an expose' before. How long until this happens to SLU? This is happening during a .500 season at KU they aren't winning like they have been. Maybe it happens to SLU if we start to struggle. Winning cures all and it is fun but losing and having a coach that gets in your face is no fun. I don't think these over-pampered athletes of today can handle that.

I thought this topic was going to be about how Mangino makes Majerus look anorexic. That is a seriously big dude