Randy Albrecht/Brad

Many of you didn't know or have forgotten that Randy Albrecht, the very successful head basketball coach at Meramac JC, coached the Bills in the erly 70's. It was a difficult time for the University and in particular for Athletics. I always thought Randy was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can read his bio and see he has been at Meramac 32 years and won over 640 games.

It shows there are other ways to achieve success without being a D1 coach.

I think Brad has found his niche at Lindenwood and will be successful.

http://www.stlcc.edu/MC/Athletics/Bios/Albrecht_Randy.html

Many of you didn't know or have forgotten that Randy Albrecht, the very successful head basketball coach at Meramac JC, coached the Bills in the erly 70's. It was a difficult time for the University and in particular for Athletics. I always thought Randy was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can read his bio and see he has been at Meramac 32 years and won over 640 games.

It shows there are other ways to achieve success without being a D1 coach.

I think Brad has found his niche at Lindenwood and will be successful.

http://www.stlcc.edu/MC/Athletics/Bios/Albrecht_Randy.html

I think Brad would be most successful as an assistant at a big-league school. His X's and O's are nothing to rave about, but he could be the good cop to anyone's bad cop and teach the game pretty well, I think. If not for Brad's work w/ Tommie after his freshman year, we wouldn't have even cared that Tommie performed at the level he did towards the end, because that would have been all we expected. He definitely regressed into a third Niekro brother again after Brad left.

He coached Kirkwood for a year or two. Mark Bernsen I think. He also coached UMSL and Moberly (I think).

Bernsen was a player for UMSL in the late 60s early 70s. He coached McCluer to the state title in 74. He's is coaching pro ball now in of all places Ireland.

Albrecht got a raw deal. We got rid of Polk who was a decent coach and hired Albrecht. Albrecht was thrust into a super strong metro conference without any talent on his team. He tried to recruit some guys who just didn't pan out. SLU by this time was spiraling downward and I don't think any coach could have saved us. Each coach we hired was worse than the next. All the boosters hated Albrecht so they got Ron Coleman who was ten times worse and then Ekker who is the worst coach in the entire universe. Albrecht went to Meremac and quietly has made a very good D-2 JUCO program there with ALL St. Louis kids.

Bernsen was a player for UMSL in the late 60s early 70s. He coached McCluer to the state title in 74. He's is coaching pro ball now in of all places Ireland.

Albrecht got a raw deal. We got rid of Polk who was a decent coach and hired Albrecht. Albrecht was thrust into a super strong metro conference without any talent on his team. He tried to recruit some guys who just didn't pan out. SLU by this time was spiraling downward and I don't think any coach could have saved us. Each coach we hired was worse than the next. All the boosters hated Albrecht so they got Ron Coleman who was ten times worse and then Ekker who is the worst coach in the entire universe. Albrecht went to Meremac and quietly has made a very good D-2 JUCO program there with ALL St. Louis kids.

Actually Bernsen did coachin Ireland but left for a job in Sweden. He is back now and is interviewing for the lindenwood coaching vacancy

Albrecht started out ok, but his last year was terrible and seemed to begin a downward spiral in the program that took many years to start to dig out of.