Pre-Game Appreciation Party

Anyone else go to the party? I went and regretted not going to a nice dinner before the game. If they can't do any better than cold hotdogs on cold buns, rubber pizza and $7 beer they should just not have such an event. It really makes them look bad. I heard several negative comments. Oh, I forgot they had popcorn and nauchos ( but when I went throught the line no cheese). Extravagant. Thank you for your large donations.

Anyone else go to the party? I went and regretted not going to a nice dinner before the game. If they can't do any better than cold hotdogs on cold buns, rubber pizza and $7 beer they should just not have such an event. It really makes them look bad. I heard several negative comments. Oh, I forgot they had popcorn and nauchos ( but when I went throught the line no cheese). Extravagant. Thank you for your large donations.

To be fair, a lot of institutions are really cutting back right now - this is something I am acutely aware of. That said, SLU does have a tendency to cheap out on certain functions. I never really feel like the level of appreciation is where it should be on an institutional level. Fortunately, on an individual level, the people I have dealt with and have come to know at SLU are very appreciative of supporters' efforts and are just great, fun, enjoyable people. Honestly, I think the lack of investment in appreciation must come from someone way up the food chain at SLU. Given Obama's proposed disallowance of a tax deduction on charitable donations coupled with tax increases, institutions like SLU had better be very careful about their relative position in the charitable world - especially right now.

To quote a good friend of mine, "You will never know the cost of that dollar you just saved".

To be fair, a lot of institutions are really cutting back right now - this is something I am acutely aware of. That said, SLU does have a tendency to cheap out on certain functions. I never really feel like the level of appreciation is where it should be on an institutional level. Fortunately, on an individual level, the people I have dealt with and have come to know at SLU are very appreciative of supporters' efforts and are just great, fun, enjoyable people. Honestly, I think the lack of investment in appreciation must come from someone way up the food chain at SLU. Given Obama's proposed disallowance of a tax deduction on charitable donations coupled with tax increases, institutions like SLU had better be very careful about their relative position in the charitable world - especially right now.

To quote a good friend of mine, "You will never know the cost of that dollar you just saved".

There was toasted ravioli and homemade chips along with some fried desert. The problem I saw was that some people came walking in half way through the event and were upset that they had run out of food - I think they should not have run out of food but I have been to these types of affairs before and the latter you come the more you leave yourself open to scrapping the bottom of the plate. Hopefully they will learn from this and make sure it is done first class.

I went to the party and took my wife and 2 young kids -- they were invited themselves by virtue of their being members of the Billiken Kid's Club. We got there later than I wanted to so I cannot complain. I was going to buy a beer but decided to wait until the game out of fear that they would not let me take the beer with me to my seats. Also, there was no cost savings.

BTW, I thought beers and food were all going to be $2 per item PRIOR to the game but full price DURING the game. Did I misread, or a Roger Clemens like to say, did I "mis-remember"??

I went to the party and took my wife and 2 young kids -- they were invited themselves by virtue of their being members of the Billiken Kid's Club. We got there later than I wanted to so I cannot complain. I was going to buy a beer but decided to wait until the game out of fear that they would not let me take the beer with me to my seats. Also, there was no cost savings.

BTW, I thought beers and food were all going to be $2 per item PRIOR to the game but full price DURING the game. Did I misread, or a Roger Clemens like to say, did I "mis-remember"??

The signs said $2 from 6:00 to 7:00 but judging by the lines it appeared to be for the whole game. It took 20 plus minutes to get my first order so I just went to the bottle beer stations after that. I enjoy a good deal but didn't want to miss half the game every time I went out for a beer.

The signs said $2 from 6:00 to 7:00 but judging by the lines it appeared to be for the whole game. It took 20 plus minutes to get my first order so I just went to the bottle beer stations after that. I enjoy a good deal but didn't want to miss half the game every time I went out for a beer.

Why, then, would SLU charge me $7 at the Appreciation Party when anyone off the street could buy a beer for $2 ??