Worst night since I've been following the Billikens

1. My condolences to Earl Austin Jr. and his family following the death of his mother. God bless them and grant them peace.

2. I hope Kwamain will be okay. Not much else should really matter more than that young man's well-being. I hope it's nothing worse than a concussion, but even that is bad news. Also, I hope Dionte Christmas (I think he's the one who was bleeding around the eye, right?) is okay.

3. We love Chaifetz, but this team has been spoiled by the new digs. I suggest Coach Majerus make them camp out at West Pine and have a few practices there so that they can get at least a little accustomed to shooting at baskets somewhere other than Chaifetz. Perhaps they should also cross the street and practice at Harris Stowe. Make them practice at Cardinal Ritter. Do something to get them to shoot and score better outside of Chaifetz. I don't know what they need to do to shore up the defense -- is the pro-SLU crowd at Chaifetz that much of a sixth man?

4. Whatever happened to Kevin Lisch? Scoreless?

yes tonight was bad...really bad. but i don't see how you could say this was worse than @ gw last year

I'll take being a national embarassment over potentially losing one of your best players for a long time. It all depends on how long KM is out.

I understand the added disappointment of losing Mitchell, but in terms of just the game, there have certainly been others worse over the years. Getting killed at home a few years ago to Southeast Missouri. Then going way back, during Ron Coleman's one dreadful season as coach, the Bills lost to UMSL! That one still stings because I had a couple friends going to school there at the time.

Hope all is well with KM and his injury is not to serious , On another note i think we should cut some slack to a young team ,lot of freshman playing big minutes away from home is always going to hurt you ,you only have to look at some of the NBA teams that struggle from home and they are seasoned players and paid huge amounts of money especially with the exchange rate as it is , i feel if the Bills can win a majority of games at home and steal a couple on the road they have done well ,its all about small steps at a time especially for the freshman , not easy going on the road having home fans in your face screaming and bagging you , i dont know how many of you guys have played in that enviroment or if you have how long ago but im sure if you think back im sure it was very daunting especially if you were in a team which mainly consisted of freshmen, Home is home your own fans its your comfort zone ,you feel confident there and especially with your own crowd behind you you grow another 2 inches there is a extra spring in the step the ring looks twice as large aswell, i honestly do beleive small steps to achieve huge leaps .

As for the bagging on the seniors thats a hard call if these guys are giving it there all there is not much more they can give ,being slotted with a group of freshman is not easy as well ,maybe they are trying to hard and thinking about it to much , they probably just need to relax and let the game come to them and rely on the young guys to do there job and not try and over play them selves , have not seen any of the games just going on the comments made on this board , Patience , i think the problem is most people have been over stimulatd by anticipation because of the amount of talented FRESHMEN that have been recruited and are expecting huge results in their first season ,that is a tough ask but if they keep achieving at home that to me is huge step in the right direction away wins wil come ,

It's funny. If I had a nickle for everytime over the past 5 or 6 years that I've seen someone proclaim "This was the worst night I've seen since following the Billikens", I'd be a rich man. In fact, I'd be Arab oil money rich. Hell, I would own a palm tree of islands in the Persian Gulf right now I'd be so rich. I'd be able to buy the Cubs for $900 million rich.

The point being, Brad Soderberg did more damage to this program then even I (an incredible harsh critic) gave him credit for. He sent the program back to the dark ages. Rick Ma is trying to sort through the mess and has been honest with us on how long it would take. However, games like this really show us how far we have to come to even compete with the upper half of the league. At this point, its embarrassing.

Hope KM is better. I didn't see/hear what happened but it sounded serious. We need him on the court. Condolences to Earl Austin as well.

If this is the worst night, then you have not been a billiken fan very long - like less than a year. I don't see how this could be worse than the GW loss who was not as near as good as Temple and who we came back to beat by 25 at home. Of course, losing to the Bonnies is even worse than that.

This game is not the end of the world. This stuff happens to even good teams on the road, much less "a work in progress" like us.

I agree that Chaifetz has proven to be a very valuable home court and if we were playing in Savis, we would have at least 3 more losses.