OT: More Trouble at State U

kevinfootes

Okay, this one is fairly minor, but it seems like these things just don't end.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...24?OpenDocument

"Police then learned there was a warrant for Lyons for an unpaid fine for making an illegal turn in 2006."

Did they not know where to find Leo prior to pulling him over that night?

This one is very minor IMO. In fact, if a traffic ticket is all it really is I'm not sure why a suspension is in order. I wonder if the punishment would have been different if they were playing Kansas and not Colorado on Saturday.

"Police then learned there was a warrant for Lyons for an unpaid fine for making an illegal turn in 2006."

Did they not know where to find Leo prior to pulling him over that night?

This one is very minor IMO. In fact, if a traffic ticket is all it really is I'm not sure why a suspension is in order. I wonder if the punishment would have been different if they were playing Kansas and not Colorado on Saturday.

I guess when you make the "zero tolerance" statement you have to do something.

Your post reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson story about him cutting a player for not paying attention during a spring meeting after winning the super bowl. I don't remember the player's name, but he was on the fringe. A reporter asked Johnson what he would have done if it had been Emmitt Smith or Troy Aikman, and Johnson said something like "I would have said 'please pay attention'".

It may seem minor, but he's driving without his lights on. If the officer wasn't a season ticket holder, perhaps some additional field tests may have been warranted.

I guess when you make the "zero tolerance" statement you have to do something.

Your post reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson story about him cutting a player for not paying attention during a spring meeting after winning the super bowl. I don't remember the player's name, but he was on the fringe. A reporter asked Johnson what he would have done if it had been Emmitt Smith or Troy Aikman, and Johnson said something like "I would have said 'please pay attention'".

Read Jeff Pearlman's Boys Will Be Boys if you want more stories on those early-90s Cowboys teams. Jimmy Johnson cut dozens of guys on impulse but rarely confronted any of his stars or former Miami players.

In the grand scheme of things, this Lyons incident is pretty minor. But the fact remains that Anderson has tightened the reins on these guys and Lyons did get arrested. He could have just paid the fine two years ago and this thing doesn't happen.

Rumor on Salukitalk is that Jeremy Felton is now going to to sign there. Is this more problems in the future or has this kid finally turned the corner. Also, what will MU alum think now that they are signing people who had their offer pulled from SIU.

Rumor on Salukitalk is that Jeremy Felton is now going to to sign there. Is this more problems in the future or has this kid finally turned the corner. Also, what will MU alum think now that they are signing people who had their offer pulled from SIU.

Why did SIU pull their offer?

He is quite an athlete. Has he developed a jump shot?