Atlantic 10

Charlotte_49

The big 10 added Penn State not too long ago. The most stable big-time conference is really the Pac 10.

Just a feeling, but I think when NBC's contract w/ ND expires you'll see some shuffling of the conferences. My guess would be ND would then jump to the Big 10. I'm not sure this would start to tear at the Big East or not, but economics may come into fuiture play as well. If folks start finding themselves strapped college hoops may fall down the entertainment budget list. Schools may start to look harder at playing w/in a region than travelling all over the east coast.

Just a feeling, but I think when NBC's contract w/ ND expires you'll see some shuffling of the conferences. My guess would be ND would then jump to the Big 10. I'm not sure this would start to tear at the Big East or not, but economics may come into fuiture play as well. If folks start finding themselves strapped college hoops may fall down the entertainment budget list. Schools may start to look harder at playing w/in a region than travelling all over the east coast.

If ND goes anywhere, it'll be the Big 10.

By the way, Big 10 Network sucks....almost as much as the money grubbing NFL Network.

If ND goes anywhere, it'll be the Big 10.

By the way, Big 10 Network sucks....almost as much as the money grubbing NFL Network.

Notre Dame and NBC renewed their deal over the sumer. They won't be joining a conference at least until 2016.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25264347/

What do you predict for SLU's final rpi this year? I doubt it will be over 200, but I'll be pleasantly suprised if it's better than last year's 138. I'll cut RM some slack for the schedule this year, but he's going to have to step it up in the future.

footes, this week is a huge week for the billikens rpiwise imo. if somehow we beat both depaul and creighton, i would think our rpi indeed approachs that 138 mark.

staying at or below that will depend on our league fortunes. the a-10 today is the 7th ranked rpi conference. therefore there will undoubtedly be opportunities to have some more positive climbs this season. i dont think we have much of a chance to get to the magical top 40 rpi mark anymore without just a miracle conference run, however i do think we can get our rpi in the low 100's if we can win 20 games. i still think we can win 20 games.

footes, this week is a huge week for the billikens rpiwise imo. if somehow we beat both depaul and creighton, i would think our rpi indeed approachs that 138 mark.

staying at or below that will depend on our league fortunes. the a-10 today is the 7th ranked rpi conference. therefore there will undoubtedly be opportunities to have some more positive climbs this season. i dont think we have much of a chance to get to the magical top 40 rpi mark anymore without just a miracle conference run, however i do think we can get our rpi in the low 100's if we can win 20 games. i still think we can win 20 games.

roy, I agree this is a big week. You need to show that you can run with the big boys. Go Bills!

What do you predict for SLU's final rpi this year? I doubt it will be over 200, but I'll be pleasantly suprised if it's better than last year's 138. I'll cut RM some slack for the schedule this year, but he's going to have to step it up in the future.

The big "realignment" might be a reality some day, but SLU needs to start to be a 20+ win team every year to get an invite.

Do you think SLU would be a consideration for a new, big conference without getting results on the court? Just win, baby. Assuming there is something more important than winning games is just short-sighted and silly.

I hear what you are saying about winning and that is certainly part of the equation, but I just don't quite get the doom and gloom. If or when a realignment happens, the fact that we have an rpi over 200 one month into the 2008-09 season will not be held against SLU. Now if this was or will become the norm for an extended period of time, then you would have a point. But when is the last time SLU had just one season with an RPI over 200? When is the last time a team coached by Rick Majerus had an RPI over 200? SLU is positioning as well as they can for any possible realignment by being in the highest rated non-BCS conference, investing in an outstanding oncampus facility and bringing in a highly regarded coach. With the young talent that has come in this year and next, the winning will be there in the future. The hard part, namely the big investment in athletics that many skeptics thought would never happen, has happened.