Postgame thoughts

AB34

Real quick ones.

Didn't like the strategy of standing around on offense in the final 4 minutes milking the clock. We were getting OK looks at the end, but we built a 17 point lead by playing a bit more aggressive.

Officiating . . . horrible again. They missed at least three walks during the Liberty comeback attempt. Three-steps travels too, not the changing of pivot feet or what not.

Tommie played very well. Impressed with his play lately.

Good minutes by Thompson. Four ORebs, I think.

Someone mentioned this earlier this week, but I looked for it particularly tongiht: the offense does seem to flow a bit better with Cassity out there.

I love me some Willie Reed.

Go get 'em in Vegas, Bills. Bring home two Ws.

While the last 3 minutes were pretty terrible, I was listening to the post game show and Majerus said that their plan the whole game was to stop Liberty from knocking down 3s (which they did as Liberty shot only 17.4% from 3 and Seth Curry only had 2 3pt attempts). So basically the last 3 minutes Liberty stopped trying to get 3s and just drove to the basket. Since our guys were trying to stop the 3s, driving to the basket was easier. However, it would have been nice to see someone stop the ball or draw a charge (then when Willie did the refs called a foul on him, so what are you gonna do). Also the refs not calling traveling on a few of those drives helped out Liberty.

A comfortable 17 point win would have been better, but a win is a win. I'm happy they pulled this one out.

Thank God they didn't hit that wide open three at the end.

Barry was great. He missed an easy layup, but was otherwise solid. Came up with some great boards. Is it finally starting to click for him?

Tommie has really elevated his game recently. Looks great on offense and defense. Love the way he's playing right now.

Lisch is back. Desperately needed to make those two free throws though.

Conklin is just a tough SOB.

In another discussion somebody said Liberty was like a high school team, that's ridiculous. Obviously they weren't at the game. It's no accident those guys beat Virginia and took two other BCS schools to the wire. #5 and #1 were really handfuls. #1 was lightning quick and just a freshman. The Bills caught a break the Curry had early foul trouble. Coach McKay has coached in the Pac10. He knows what he's doing. This was a quality win for the Bills. Played an outstanding 36 minutes, but this will serve as a lesson that the guys have to close out the game better. Lisch needs to hit those free throws. Don't throw the ball to Willie when they are looking to foul. Lisch got tackled on that one inbounds play and no foul. The crowd went crazy over that. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit too. They were down by 20 to DePaul before coming back to take the lead before losing at the buzzer. Those kids really fought and they've got some nice athletes. Entertaining game and a good win. I thought the offense did well. Some pretty good ball movement. I have to laugh at some people who were suggesting Ross Varner was better than Barry. Come on! Barry can be frustrating, but Varner was never better than Barry. The youngsters look like they are gaining a little confidence. Now let's see how they do away from home. Hopefully a lot better than the first road trip of the season, On the postgame show, Coach Majerus said that Coach Harriman was going to be meeting with a big recruit in Vegas. Must be the Australian.

I forgot to comment on the officiating. Dog shite, as usual. Lisch was absolutely mugged on that inbounds play.

I thought in the last 4 minutes the refs were absolutely horrible!

Thank the Lord that we did not choke up a 17 point lead with less than 4 minutes to go!

From the four minute mark in the first half until 4 minutes to go--a span of 32 minutes, I thought the team played as well as they have played in years.

Tommie, Kevin and Barry were true seniors tonight. They all played very well. Tommie and Kevin were absolutely outstanding on both ends. Their defense was maybe the best we have seen from both of them collectively.

Did anyone else have a heart attack when Tommie went for the block on a 30 3 pointer with time running out? It was a fantastic block but the guy fell down and the refs, if they were not on the ball, could have called a foul. At least they got one play right in the last four minutes.

If we ever have a hot night shooting from outside we would look like a really good team.

This was one of those moral victory games--it could have been a statement game, but we won the game so it is really a victory!

We are starting to move the ball in ways to get open shots.

I hate to say it but I had a horrible feeling down the stretch that we were going to lose the game. I am delighted that we won!

-i am really glad we won as i don't want to think about the fallout if we had lost a 17pt lead with less than 4 mins remaining

-so we don't have to think about it, let's move on

-as earl said on the postgame, always better to learn a lesson with a win,so i hope we finish games much better, coaches and players