Some Good Billiken News

SluSignGuy

That is great for Marque. 40 points is the most any player has scored this season in the NBDL.

He also made 3 3s. He hadn't made a 3 in almost 2 months believe it or not. I forgot to check to see if this was on TV on monday. I am sure they will have highlights on NBATV though.

Guys are getting called up from the NBDL about one a week now. I don't know if Marque will get picked up this season though. He still is a very small scoring guard. His TO/A is about 2/3 but with all the times he gets to the line that may be OK. There are only a coupl players with FTs than him.

They show the NBDL on NBATV every monday at 3:00 our time. His team the Roanoke Dazzle have been on the last 2 mondays. They play again on TV on Mar. 8, and the 29th.

If anyone has watched the games you can see that Marque is not a scoring guard he is a point guard. He has shown very good floor vision and often makes the spectacular pass. His assist to turnover ratio is not that good ... but he loses a lot of assists due to his teamates at times not finishing. The last game on TV he finished with I believe 6 assists ...but could have easily had 10. The week before he also lost 2 or 3 easy assists.

He is averaging 15.9 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.7 rpg, 4.3 topg, and 1.6 spg. while shooting 48% from the field, 40% from the 3 and 80% from the line. He is ony attempting 1.25 3's per game. ... but at 40% it is clear he is being selective and shooting well when he does take them.

One of the problems for Marque and his team is that their center Mikki Moore who is leading the league in scoring at 20.4ppg has missed 15 games due to 2 different NBA call ups. Marque has shown an ability to penetrate and find the open man with what are often highlight reel passes ... Moore is frequently on the receiving end of those passes, and when he is not in the lineup ... the Roanoke bigs don't finish as well.

If you get the chance catch a game ... Marque's ability at the point is something to see. We all know Marque is a smart kid and has a great work ethic to go along with tremendous courage and drive to succeed. I would bet that he and his coaches realize the need to become a more proficient 3 point shooter and he works very hard on that in the off season.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman