dave telep features lisch

billiken_roy

dave telep has one of the leading "expert" recruiting services and websites. here is the story he wrote today about kevin lisch:

2005 Focus: Kevin Lisch

By Dave Telep

National Recruiting Analyst

Leadership runs in the Lisch Family. His father was a quarterback for the Fightin’ Irish and now Kevin, a point guard, runs the show for Belleville (IL) Althoff Catholic.

Kevin Lisch

Back in the day, Rusty Lisch was a quarterback at Notre Dame. In 1980, he was the MVP of ND’s Bookstore Basketball tournament. There’s a little leadership, athleticism and hoops that run in the Lisch Family, not to mention Rusty’s daughter plays at Indiana State.

Kevin Lisch, a 6-0 point guard at Belleville (IL) Althoof Catholic, is averaging 23.5 points a game and like his father and sister, is a scholarship athlete.

Lisch, a straight-A student, isn’t a household name. He’s not one to spend a lot of time on the AAU circuit. In fact, one of his lone summer appearances last year came at the Nike Hoop Jamboree where he should the ability to run a team and lead a club. By the looks of it, he’s made strides this year.

“I think [my game] improved shooting wise and off the dribble,†Lisch said. “I always work on that because it’s the toughest thing to guard. I work on getting steals on defense.â€

Speaking of steals, someone may get one in Lisch. So far this year, assistants from St. Louis, Indiana, Kansas, Illinois, Butler, Nebraska and Notre Dame ventured to see him. St. Louis head coach Brad Soderberg has been to watch him a few times as had Illinois head man Bruce Weber.

As you might expect out of student-athlete who appears extremely focused in all areas of his life, during basketball season he’s not concerned with recruiting. “After the season I’ll start visiting and deciding. As of right now, I’m not really thinking a whole about this.â€

Both of Lisch’s parents went to Notre Dame and he’s seen a football game there but has never been in South Bend for a hoops game."

another spot on his site lists saint louis as the only school that has already offered a scholarship to him thus far, but lists a lot of the big boys showing interest. it also says that kevin has already been invited to the nike camp next summer. my sources say that illinois and notre dame have both recently started turning up the intensity of their efforts. let's hope brad is in deep enough.