Why not leave early???

According to just about every source, these prospective moves are all scheduled to happen for the 2005-06 season. This is mainly due to football scheduling and football television money. None of this effects SLU, Charlotte or the Atlantic 10 at all. I would much rather get a fresh start in our new conference next year. CUSA is clearly going to stay together in some form, therefore any exit fees we accrue should be the same, regardless of the year we exit.

As much as I would like to get the opportunity to beat the scum of Cincinnati, DePaul and Marquette again, why bother. The faster we leave these creeps, the better

We get more money being in CUSA than we will in the A10. Marquette's final four trip last year will probably be a nice bump in what we are already getting. While I would like to get settled into a new conference as soon as possible, the next couple of checks from the NCAA should be nice also.

Speaking of NCAA payments, what would happen if we were to win the national championship for mens soccer either this year or next year? Now I know that the money for soccer isn't near that of basketball or football, but I have to think there would be some kind of reward.

Would we lose the money for leaving the conference? I'm very excited about moving to the A-10 and getting out of the NASCAR conference. I'm just curious how money from athletic success would be distributed.

i am not trying to be mean or anything desmet, but why do you think there would be a monetary reward for winning anything in college sports other than football or basketball? there is no huge tv contract for soccer. where is that victory money coming from. no, i would guess the reward for a non-football or basketball championship is a laurel and hardy handshake and some scrap iron period. in fact, the additional road work probably costs money rather replenishes.

anyone got any insight on this?

This is what I could find as far as money for minor sports. This is an NCAA table that shows the NCAA lost money on all sports championships except baseball, basketball, ice hockey & wrestling for men and lost in every sport for women, if I am reading it right. My guess is that if the sport doesn't make money, then none would be distributed, but just my guess.

http://www1.ncaa.org/eprise/main/finance/0...ps_Analysis.htm