Scouting reports on local prospects

Judging by the lack of any scouting reports, I'm guessing most have never seen any of these players play. Maybe some posters will get out to see some games this year. At least guys like Scheer that SLU is known to be interested in. Should be another exciting season.

I'm not sure how much SLU is recruiting Scheer anymore. Not because they don't like him anymore, but that they only have 2 schollies to give and already a lot of guards.

With that said, if Scheer wants to succeed in college he needs to gain some muscle.

Is Christian Kirk(sp?) Kyle Kirk`s brother?

If so did they move back from Springfield?

Didn`t Kyle sign with Mo State?

Is Christian Kirk(sp?) Kyle Kirk`s brother?

If so did they move back from Springfield?

Didn`t Kyle sign with Mo State?

Christian is the younger brother of Kyle. He now plays for St. Charles West. He played very well in his first game against St. Charles on Wednesday night.

It will be tough to top the Class of 2008:

Scott Suggs - Washington

John Brandenburg - Virginia

Jared Swopshire - Louisville

Anthony Booker - Southern Illinois

Torres Roundtree - Southern Illinois

Femi John - Saint Louis

Ruben Cotto - Saint Louis

Kramer Soderberg - Miami-Ohio

Drew Hanlen - Belmont

Anthony James - Northern Iowa

Anthony Campbell - Austin Peay

Josh McCoy - Cleveland State

Dont mean to play the bad sport but I think that Brandenburgs gonna be a big ol bust at Virginia...just watching him play two years of AAU I just dont see it...yeah hes a bit athletic but other than that...just not a fan of his I guess you could say

What are the big rivalry games for the St. Charles schools?St.Charles-St.Charles West? Ft.Zumwalt?Francis Howell`s?

Dont mean to play the bad sport but I think that Brandenburgs gonna be a big ol bust at Virginia...just watching him play two years of AAU I just dont see it...yeah hes a bit athletic but other than that...just not a fan of his I guess you could say

I wasnt always a big fan of his either, but he hustles and I'd take that any day over a more skilled player who loafs. Also, Javier Duren was mentioned early in this thread, and I remember his last year being sub 6ft, but I read recently that he's grown into a 6'3 pg. That changes his status entirely as a basketball prospect.