Majerus Speaking Engagement Tomorrow (10/31)

Box and Won

For a good cause:

Majerus to Speak Friday at Ninth District Officers Benefit

Event takes place at Chase Park Plaza

Oct. 30, 2008

Saint Louis University head men's basketball coach Rick Majerus will be the featured speaker at the 18th annual Benefit Luncheon to Honor Officers of the Ninth District. The Ninth District Business Association is the event sponsor. The luncheon takes place on Friday, Oct. 31, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Khorassan Room at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel.

The luncheon is open seating with a donation of $20. The benefit raises funds to help St. Louis City police officers obtain equipment not included in the regular annual budget, and it raises money for scholarships for their children.

For a good cause:

I've got $20 that says RM will not be through at 1pm. I place the over/under at 1:25pm. Seriously I'm happy to see that Rick is getting out a little bit. Tonight's program,tomorrow's lunch,MAC lunch next week. I would hope this is a trend but I doubt it. Once the season starts he will probably be scarce.

willie it is one of the things about rickma that confuses me. he obviously loves the stage, telling the stories and talking basketball. yet it seems it takes a miracle to get him to do it.

i too am thrilled to see this sudden flourish in engagements. it is a happening that will only help the program and i hope that you are wrong and it indeed maintains at least to some degree year around. i understand the need to coach the team during the season, but there is still time to make the appearances.

willie it is one of the things about rickma that confuses me. he obviously loves the stage, telling the stories and talking basketball. yet it seems it takes a miracle to get him to do it.

i too am thrilled to see this sudden flourish in engagements. it is a happening that will only help the program and i hope that you are wrong and it indeed maintains at least to some degree year around. i understand the need to coach the team during the season, but there is still time to make the appearances.

I must disagree that he is not willing to do these types of events. I think he has done about 6 or 8 in the last couple of weeks and he also has all of his other projects as they relate to the start of practice and the continuation of recruiting. I hosted an event where he came and spoke to about 50 people and he stayed beyond the last person who had any kind of a question. I know he has had several meetings with various student groups and sororities and fraternities.