re: Oct. 30 announcement TONIGHT!

DoctorB

evidently the highly classified, covert news will be released TONIGHT: Associate AD Kosha Irby is announcing at tip off club this evening the details of whatever event is planned for Oct. 30 at the Fetz.

I could say more, but then I would have to execute you, gangland style. Has anyone on here ever been garroted? I mean by a real pro, not some spouse or angry teenager.

I think the meeting tonight is 6pm, correct me if that is wrong.

evidently the highly classified, covert news will be released TONIGHT: Associate AD Kosha Irby is announcing at tip off club this evening the details of whatever event is planned for Oct. 30 at the Fetz.

I could say more, but then I would have to execute you, gangland style. Has anyone on here ever been garroted? I mean by a real pro, not some spouse or angry teenager.

I think the meeting tonight is 6pm, correct me if that is wrong.

Thanks for the info, will someone confirm that the meeting starts at 6.

Based on the meeting comments last night, it is a meet and greet with the players and coaches, Thursday the 30th at 7 pm in the Fetz. I had been led to believe it was a scrimmage of some sort but that does not sound like it's going to happen. On the plus side: another chance to have a brat and a beer with our illustrious coach.

He told some wonderful stories last night, especially about the dying words of Hank Iba. He was quite candid about many things, even though he worried about being castrated by the NCAA! I left at 8:30 and he was still holding court.

That was quite a turn-out, but they might want to hire another bartender so it does not take 20 minutes to get a drink. $7 for a lousy 12-oz. Bud -- what a racket! At least at Busch Stadium they are 24 oz!!

Based on the meeting comments last night, it is a meet and greet with the players and coaches, Thursday the 30th at 7 pm in the Fetz. I had been led to believe it was a scrimmage of some sort but that does not sound like it's going to happen. On the plus side: another chance to have a brat and a beer with our illustrious coach.

He told some wonderful stories last night, especially about the dying words of Hank Iba. He was quite candid about many things, even though he worried about being castrated by the NCAA! I left at 8:30 and he was still holding court.

That was quite a turn-out, but they might want to hire another bartender so it does not take 20 minutes to get a drink. $7 for a lousy 12-oz. Bud -- what a racket! At least at Busch Stadium they are 24 oz!!

First of all the beer was a 16 oz and he said the SLU people told him if he mentioned recruits name that they would castrate him. I do agree I thought the $7 was a bit much for a beer.