PD Billiken Advertisement

STCBILLFAN

It is great that the marketing department is trying to fill the arena for the games but really do we have to offer newcomers payment options? Did you get the ability to pay off your tickets in 4 payments? Or better yet to "Pay nothing until January"?

Who cares if they are getting a better deal regarding payment terms. They are also getting the leftover seats, and it benefits all of us and the team to fill as many seats as possible.

Who cares if they are getting a better deal regarding payment terms. They are also getting the leftover seats, and it benefits all of us and the team to fill as many seats as possible.

We should get a sticky at the top of this board for all of the complaints people have about the various promotions (hot dogs, Ray Vinson no money down, 1380 $790 discount, etc.) and how the current season ticket holders are getting screwed by these deals. Apparently some would rather the upper seats remain empty rather than know that the guy sitting in them paid less than he did.

We should get a sticky at the top of this board for all of the complaints people have about the various promotions (hot dogs, Ray Vinson no money down, 1380 $790 discount, etc.) and how the current season ticket holders are getting screwed by these deals. Apparently some would rather the upper seats remain empty rather than know that the guy sitting in them paid less than he did.

I'd like to see as many seats filled as possible this year. After watching so many games at Kiel/Savvis/ScotT with empty seats in the upper bowl I often wondered why there wasn't some sort of $8 or $10 ticket for some of the less than desireable seats.

It is great that the marketing department is trying to fill the arena for the games but really do we have to offer newcomers payment options? Did you get the ability to pay off your tickets in 4 payments? Or better yet to "Pay nothing until January"?

There are young, old and middle age fans with budget constraints and it is a very real example of reaching for plastic and paying later. I'm sure that if you sign up for a contract they charge staggered payments for the tickets to your credit card. These may be people who just could not afford to take that big a hit all at one time. People are really taking these Wall street and gas prices seriously and in some cases trying to live a little tighter. Let us hope we sell out the Chaifetz for every game. Besides most of us are guaranteed our seating priority.

On my way to class this morning I heard on the radio and advertisement for Coke, at the end of the ad was a sort of tie in with Billiken basketball. Something like "enjoy a coke and cheer on your Saint Louis Billikens as they begin their season in the new Chaifetz arena, for tickets call 977-4SLU. I'm not sure since I was jumping stations but I believe it was on Z107.7.

Well put. It seems like there has been more advertising this year than in recent memory for Bills tickets. That's a good thing. We need to get a full building before we can start worrying about keeping out the bandwagoners.