Kramer Soderberg

And as far as Rakers, he probably could play Division I basketball. McKendree usually steals one guy per year that should be playing D1 basketball. They did it last year with Eric Hobbie. Hobbie had one of the NAIA plays of the year and was the best freshman in the country last year.

Before Hobbie there were guys like Mike Strobbe, Bryant Lyles, and Mark Stovall, and they even had Justin Tatum for a year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, Nate you do an excellent job covering the area, making it to games and your work with billikenreport.com. What you do is very good for the area and you are one of the hardest workers. I dont think you truly understand the influence you have and how it can be critical to changing the lives of these young men. Under the assumption that you talk to college coaches and scouts, you can help get some of these players names out early and often. On the other side of the state Kansas City is fortunate enough to have Eric Bossi, Tom Tietze, and Jerry Mullen covering their prospects throughout the year and to various AAU tournaments and the nearby Jayhawk shootout where annually several new names are added to the scout.com database from that area. You can be to Saint Louis what those guys are to that area. I understand that you have the opportunity and not obligation to do so, but its something to think about. With your tenured reputation in the area and scout.com as a platform, there are limitless possibilities. While we will never agree on most prospects, I do respect your opinion. None of my comments are intended as a personal attack on you. And as feel free to contact me as you have in the past if you have any questions/concerns.

Yeah, but the name of Nate's site is called BillikenReport. I would say that 98% of the subscribers are there because they are Billiken fans. Personally speaking, unless a player is interested in the Billikens, I don't really care. When it's slow, I don't mind reading about some local prospects. I guess I hear the names dropped on here so often that I eventually want to know the full story. But if people are paying money (like myself) to read about billiken prospects, and constantly read about low d-1 or d-2 prospects, they may start to get irritated. I think what you are saying has merit, I just don't know if BillikenReport is the forum.

Do you still stand by your stance that there are 3 for sure and two probables? Thats a total of 5

Griffey has already committed to Illinois

You stated that Lonnie Boga has at least one D1 offer

Bryant Allen has offers

Richard Anderson is definitely a D1 recruit

Thats 4 guys.

Between Gavin Wiss, Will Clark, Jerome Jones, Ben Hoener, and Sean Duff; at least two of them will get D1 offers, bringing us to a total of at least 6 and you will be wrong. I gave a grades permitting disclaimer also. This area will NEVER produce a number as low as 5 D1 recruits, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, Nate you do an excellent job covering the area, making it to games and your work with billikenreport.com. What you do is very good for the area and you are one of the hardest workers. I dont think you truly understand the influence you have and how it can be critical to changing the lives of these young men. Under the assumption that you talk to college coaches and scouts, you can help get some of these players names out early and often. On the other side of the state Kansas City is fortunate enough to have Eric Bossi, Tom Tietze, and Jerry Mullen covering their prospects throughout the year and to various AAU tournaments and the nearby Jayhawk shootout where annually several new names are added to the scout.com database from that area. You can be to Saint Louis what those guys are to that area. I understand that you have the opportunity and not obligation to do so, but its something to think about. With your tenured reputation in the area and scout.com as a platform, there are limitless possibilities. While we will never agree on most prospects, I do respect your opinion. None of my comments are intended as a personal attack on you. And as feel free to contact me as you have in the past if you have any questions/concerns.

Richard Anderson is going to have to change schools again and reclassify as class of 2010. There is no way he will be able to attend a D-1 school as it stands now. He also hasn't attended a local school for over a year.

One of the problems lies with these supposed credible sources/experts. The "experts" don't have enough faith in the local talent. I remember a list that STLHI posted for the c/o 2009. He named about 10 players who he felt had the potential to land at a D1 school. Nate, I think you only agreed with maybe 3-5 kids. Nate this is not a shot at you, but that's an awfully low number & the STL metro area has probably never had a number that low.

If the experts won't give the kids a chance, how can we expect college coaches to do so? The local 16U and 15U teams have been extremely successful this Spring. However, you can't find an article mentioning them on scout.com, rivalshoops.com, etc. Meanwhile, I'm constantly reading about a host of Kansas City players. The scouts/experts in the KC area pump/hype up their kids early and often. Nobody throws IT in their face if they are wrong in their evaluation.

Many were convinced that Dustin Maguire was much better than Bobby Hill (LOL!!). Many rejected Josh Harrellson because he only held an offer from Western Illinois in the Fall. Many did not see enough in Leon Powell. Many thought Eckerle was going to be limited to the scout team.

I love when a sleeper gets his time to shine, but players like Anthony James should have never been sleepers in the first place.

In conclusion, GIVE THE KIDS A CHANCE. IF WE DON'T...WHO ELSE WILL?

Another issue is that when you or v talk about D1, you correctly mean all 300+ teams. However, I think when the general public says D1, they are usually talking about the top 100 teams or so. So, when someone says that player x isn't a D1 caliber player, they really mean they aren't a top 100 school D1 player.

Another issue is that when you or v talk about D1, you correctly mean all 300+ teams. However, I think when the general public says D1, they are usually talking about the top 100 teams or so. So, when someone says that player x isn't a D1 caliber player, they really mean they aren't a top 100 school D1 player.

For once, I agree with you. That's exactly what I mean. But the name is STL HOOPS INSIDER or STLHI.

Back to the topic of this thread.......Does anybody that followed Miami because of Moosman wonder if the system run there is the best fit for Kramer?

Miami is a slow SLOW SLOW tempo team. If they score 50 points they are happy. That is part of the reason that Moosmann struggled. He didn't fit the system.

Back to the topic of this thread.......Does anybody that followed Miami because of Moosman wonder if the system run there is the best fit for Kramer?

I think Kramer and Alex have similar skills--although Kramer may be the better outside shooter from what I can tell. I saw a couple of Miami games last season and it seemed to me that Alex was kept on a pretty short leash. He was not expected--maybe not even allowed--to play in the same style he played in HS. Miami needs a good PG or two. If Kramer can go in and prove right away that he is savvy enough to run the complicated Miami offense, he will get plenty of playing time.

Miami does not run and gun. I think they average about one fast break every 2.5 games. They will not look to Kramer to be "the man." I predict he will not have an opportunity to hit a game-winning shot until he is a junior or senior. (They have a guy named Michael Bramos who, when healthy, is nearly unstoppable). I think it will be interesting. I wish Kramer the best but fear that he may feel some of the same frustrations that Moosmann felt.