Van Coleman's Top 30 Recruiting rankings

brianstl

He's got Missourah at 17 - I haven't heard much about their recruiting class, but I guess it's a good one.

I'm wondering if we'd rather have Steve Moore over Willie Reed at this point. Until Willie suits up for the Billikens, I'm going to be a little worried.

I find it pretty amazing that the A10 has something like nine teams listed on this Top 30 list as well as near misses. That's going to be a lot of talent in the A10 if all that comes true and pans out.

He also has Xavier listed twice (#30 - five recruits and near misses - four recruits).

I think he forgot to remove XU from the near misses and potential breakthroughs group after they got the Terrelll Hollawy switch from IU to XU. I think that got XU into the top 30.

Just reading on CSTV.com that Duquesne signed 6-2 PG Chase Robinson of Huntsville, Alabama and says he chose the Dukes over Saint Louis and Tulane. He must have been the player Majerus alluded to in "Bernie's Extra Points" earlier this month:

I traded multiple voice mail messages with Majerus on Wednesday.

I told him that many fans (and media) were still yapping about the possibility of a Majerus-Marquette reunion, and I wanted to make sure that he wasn’t interested in the gig.

Here’s the pleasantly delivered and humorous — at least to me — Majerus response, left on my voice mail:

“I’m interested in working my (butt) off to build a winner for St. Louis University. That’s what you should tell everyone. I’m interested in finding players to help me win at St. Louis. That’s what I’m doing now. I’m in the middle of Alabama. I don’t even know for sure where I am. It’s in the middle of nowhere here. It’s in a rural part of the state. It’s a nice area, but it’s way out there. I’m here to look at a player. I wish I could tell you where in the world in Alabama this is, but I’m not entirely sure. If I wanted to be at Marquette, the last place I’d be right now is in rural Alabama, looking at a player. Not that I mind being here.”

Link: Majerus Searches For Players - Not a New Job