Chaifetz Arena - Season Tickets

Starting a new thread instead of adding on the "First Impressions" thread with anything that is a bit negative. Am curious if yesterday's open house has caused anyone to rethink the prior seat selection decisions. So far, we have only reserved seats based upon color coded diagrams.

IMO, I think every seat in the 100 level is a good seat but I really question how "good" some of the 200 level seats are. While I enjoy watching from the side of the court instead of from behind the basket, I noticed that because the 100 level Green seats ("behind the basket" seats) are so close and steep (not all that dead space caused by the court being half the length of the hockey ice), looks to me that the best "all around" (visibility and price) seats in the building are the 100 level Green seats behind the basket and/or on the corners.

I reserved Red seats but unless I get 100 level Red seats or the first 3 rows of the 200 level Red seats, I'm not buying them. I'd much rather have a 100 level Green seat. I sat in the last row of the Red seats (up high but in the middle) and cannot fathom how and why I should have to pay $150 for the privilege of sitting up that high while another guy pays nothing (no arena fee) while he sits in the first few rows of of the 100 level Green. Am I missing something? Why not arena fees for 100 level seats and no fee for 200 level seats?

Along these same lines, I heard several long-time season ticket holders (very high point totals) floating the idea that they might just take the best 100 level Red seats and save a few bucks. If that happens, there could definitely be a ripple effect upon everyone.

Also, am curious about the number of season tickets. 5,000 season tickets sold, correct? Not 5,000 ticket groups? Assuming most groups to average 2 to 4 tickets. How many ticket groups? 2,000?

I had heard that the average season ticket holder has 2.5 seats. I don't even recall where I heard it, so it may not be true, but it sounds about right.

I agree with your assessment. I've thought all along that if there are some sweet green seats available in the corner, I was going to grab them.

I had heard that the average season ticket holder has 2.5 seats. I don't even recall where I heard it, so it may not be true, but it sounds about right.

I agree with your assessment. I've thought all along that if there are some sweet green seats available in the corner, I was going to grab them.

Will there be a day for letting season ticket holders pick their seats or will they just be assigned?

Starting a new thread instead of adding on the "First Impressions" thread with anything that is a bit negative. Am curious if yesterday's open house has caused anyone to rethink the prior seat selection decisions. So far, we have only reserved seats based upon color coded diagrams.

IMO, I think every seat in the 100 level is a good seat but I really question how "good" some of the 200 level seats are. While I enjoy watching from the side of the court instead of from behind the basket, I noticed that because the 100 level Green seats ("behind the basket" seats) are so close and steep (not all that dead space caused by the court being half the length of the hockey ice), looks to me that the best "all around" (visibility and price) seats in the building are the 100 level Green seats behind the basket and/or on the corners.

I reserved Red seats but unless I get 100 level Red seats or the first 3 rows of the 200 level Red seats, I'm not buying them. I'd much rather have a 100 level Green seat. I sat in the last row of the Red seats (up high but in the middle) and cannot fathom how and why I should have to pay $150 for the privilege of sitting up that high while another guy pays nothing (no arena fee) while he sits in the first few rows of of the 100 level Green. Am I missing something? Why not arena fees for 100 level seats and no fee for 200 level seats?

Along these same lines, I heard several long-time season ticket holders (very high point totals) floating the idea that they might just take the best 100 level Red seats and save a few bucks. If that happens, there could definitely be a ripple effect upon everyone.

Also, am curious about the number of season tickets. 5,000 season tickets sold, correct? Not 5,000 ticket groups? Assuming most groups to average 2 to 4 tickets. How many ticket groups? 2,000?

Its hard for me to imagine a "long-time season ticket holder with very high point totals" that feels the need to save a few bucks. By definition someone with a lot of points has probably been donating a fair amount over the years and won't have to change their billiken club donation that much or at all.

I understand people wanting to get the best "value" ticket they can but if someone is already donating $300 a year to the billiken club and plans on doing that regardless of where they sit, then they need to consider that in their analysis. For example, 2 tickets in the red section will cost them the same as the green section, since they were already giving $300 annualy. Another example, someone that is donating $2k a year and wants 4 tickets might as well sit in the gold seats as he's already paid for the privelage with his annual BC donation.

Its hard for me to imagine a "long-time season ticket holder with very high point totals" that feels the need to save a few bucks. By definition someone with a lot of points has probably been donating a fair amount over the years and won't have to change their billiken club donation that much or at all.

I understand people wanting to get the best "value" ticket they can but if someone is already donating $300 a year to the billiken club and plans on doing that regardless of where they sit, then they need to consider that in their analysis. For example, 2 tickets in the red section will cost them the same as the green section, since they were already giving $300 annualy. Another example, someone that is donating $2k a year and wants 4 tickets might as well sit in the gold seats as he's already paid for the privelage with his annual BC donation.

Shoe. Not disagreeing with in full but you are making some real assumptions.

First, the guy I'm talking about (and I'm not sure if he is indicative of others) is a long-time booster but more in the sense of time and energy as opposed to check writing ability. Also, he is what we've been calling "ticket broker" guy who has been racking up points for years by controlling the account, again, instead of because of his check writing ability.

Second, you're example is correct for the guy with only 2 tickets - as opposed to 4. While $300 donation is not unreasonable assumption each year regardless of seat location (Billiken Club costs $150 but does have higher levels with more perks at each level), not many have been donating $600 (4 at $150/Red), $1600 (4 at $400/Gold or even $800 (2 at $400/Gold).

Frankly, I hope you're right that these types follow thru with their Gold seat reservations since the 100 level Red and Green will be in high demand.