Game Thread: Sam Houston St.

SluSignGuy

But if you question KL and TL play then you are off the bandwagon and not a real fan.

No. I question the wisdom of allowing Dwayne Polk and Paul Eckerle to shoot a combined 1-14. Clearly you are not

playing to your strengths. The only reason these guys are getting these shots is because they are not making them.

This goes back to my point of allowing everyone equal opportunity in the current offense when it is clear Dwayne Polk

has proven to be an ineffective shooter. Paul Eckerle is an up and comer but he is not at the level of Kevin and Tommie.

Open the floor for your two scorers, make the defense adjust to them and maybe guys like Luke, Paul, and maybe Polk

would be able to knock down some uncontested shots. I didn't see the game but I would imagine Kevin's reckless forays to the basket were due to either the shot clock getting low or Kevin trying to keep the game close. Expecting Dwayne and Paul to make big shot after big shot is asinine as neither is proven at this level.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess but you wern't at the game were you.

No need to guess, I clearly stated I haven't seen the team play. I've been following through the radio.

But I have seen these players play effective basketball without Ian Voyuokas. That's essentially what

we have this year.

as good as husak was offensively, he also let that 55 do whatever he wanted offensively. he had some blocks on help, but all in all i thought husak was not that good defensively. there was a reason we played 5 guards more than just the end of the game.

eberhardt needs to play pf WITH husak in the game. eberhardt is not a center and it is unfair to play him there. plus it would free meyer to play his better position as well.

Roy,

Agree. Eberhardt and Husak need to play together, in proper positions.

Polk doesn't do enough to justify his minutes. Another o-fer. 3-16 over last 3 games (.1875).

At some point, we need someone to knock down a shot. Last night Polk, Eckerle, Eberhardt, Brown and Luke shot a combined 2-25 (.08). I wasn't at the game and don't know if they were good looks or not. But judging by Majerus' post-game comments...

Do we have anyone that can shoot?

At least half of those shots were wide open, however I have noticed that when they catch the ball they at hesitating before taking the shot instead of catching and going up with the shot in one smooth, natural motion.

They are THINKING too much.

No. I question the wisdom of allowing Dwayne Polk and Paul Eckerle to shoot a combined 1-14. Clearly you are not

playing to your strengths. The only reason these guys are getting these shots is because they are not making them.

This goes back to my point of allowing everyone equal opportunity in the current offense when it is clear Dwayne Polk

has proven to be an ineffective shooter. Paul Eckerle is an up and comer but he is not at the level of Kevin and Tommie.

Open the floor for your two scorers, make the defense adjust to them and maybe guys like Luke, Paul, and maybe Polk

would be able to knock down some uncontested shots. I didn't see the game but I would imagine Kevin's reckless forays to the basket were due to either the shot clock getting low or Kevin trying to keep the game close. Expecting Dwayne and Paul to make big shot after big shot is asinine as neither is proven at this level.

So Kevin and Tommie are shooting so much better than Paul? Well, here are statistics.

Player GP PPG FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PTM 3PTA 3PT%

Kevin Lisch 11 13.3 41 102 40.2 47 59 79.7 17 45 37.8

Tommie Liddell 11 10.9 46 100 46 20 25 80 8 26 30.8

Paul Eckerle 11 5.4 21 57 36.8 7 11 63.6 10 28 35.7

So sir, they aren't that much better. Tommie has a higher overall shooting percentage but is actually shooting worse from three point land. Except for the shooting percentage differentiation between Paul and Tommie there is no big difference. Also, they both have taken 40 more shots than Paul, so I don't think we need to worry about Paul shooting to much.

So Kevin and Tommie are shooting so much better than Paul? Well, here are statistics.

Player GP PPG FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PTM 3PTA 3PT%

Kevin Lisch 11 13.3 41 102 40.2 47 59 79.7 17 45 37.8

Tommie Liddell 11 10.9 46 100 46 20 25 80 8 26 30.8

Paul Eckerle 11 5.4 21 57 36.8 7 11 63.6 10 28 35.7

So sir, they aren't that much better. Tommie has a higher overall shooting percentage but is actually shooting worse from three point land. Except for the shooting percentage differentiation between Paul and Tommie there is no big difference. Also, they both have taken 40 more shots than Paul, so I don't think we need to worry about Paul shooting to much.

Agree that Eckerle has had decent year, especially for freshman.

But having Polk getting so many minutes doesn't give us good chance to win. He should come in off bench occasionally for high energy defense.

RM should be playing KL, TL, LM, BH and BE.

BE has nice touch around basket. Can handle the 4, not the 5.

When you have too many guys getting minutes that can't hit broad side of barn, you don't give yourself a chance.

Agree that Eckerle has had decent year, especially for freshman.

But having Polk getting so many minutes doesn't give us good chance to win. He should come in off bench occasionally for high energy defense.

RM should be playing KL, TL, LM, BH and BE.

BE has nice touch around basket. Can handle the 4, not the 5.

When you have too many guys getting minutes that can't hit broad side of barn, you don't give yourself a chance.

Adman,

I whole heartedly concur with your starting five. That is the strength of this team right now. RM just needs to figure out the rotation so that those five can make the main play.

When BH was in the game, 55 had to shoot over him or else shoot with a rather large hand in his face. More often than not, he missed the shot when BH was guarding him.

On issue for BH is that he needs to realize that when the man he is guarding is a screener at the top of the key, that screener is the most dangerous person on the court. After the screen, the man always cut to the basket and if not covered, had an easy two points. BH can't let himself get sucked out away from the basket as he is the big roadblock and shot block against that sort of move.

Good night for BH, though I'll bet he'd rather have the win!