IU vs GT last night- 5 points

slu72

Anyone else watch this game? The analyst, can't remember his name, bought up 5 points that NBA scouts look for. This was in reference to Gordon being a lottery pick next year. I was a little tired and can only remember 3 of them. 1.) You've got to have a special weapon (3pt shooter, slasher, rebounder, defender), 2.) The ability to defend your position. 3.) You get it. You get it was the most important he said. Getting it means a passion for the game, the hard work it takes to excel and continually strive to improve your game. The reason I bring this up is doesn't this sound familiar to what RM is preaching to TL and the rest of the team.

Anyone else watch this game? The analyst, can't remember his name, bought up 5 points that NBA scouts look for. This was in reference to Gordon being a lottery pick next year. I was a little tired and can only remember 3 of them. 1.) You've got to have a special weapon (3pt shooter, slasher, rebounder, defender), 2.) The ability to defend your position. 3.) You get it. You get it was the most important he said. Getting it means a passion for the game, the hard work it takes to excel and continually strive to improve your game. The reason I bring this up is doesn't this sound familiar to what RM is preaching to TL and the rest of the team.

As an aside, Stemmler played quite a bit. The 3 or 4 times I've watched IU with him in there, it seems the rest of the team leaves him pretty much out of the offense. Although, he hit a couple of 3's last night. But you can't fault him for his choice. Playing at IU before some pretty rabid fans has got to be a thrill.

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know what the analyst brought up, but I'm sure the NBA scouts look at things like height, body type, wingspan, and athleticism.

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know what the analyst brought up, but I'm sure the NBA scouts look at things like height, body type, wingspan, and athleticism.

I did watch the game and Stemmler played well. Indiana suspended someone and Stemmler got a lot of those min..{I'm the guy who started the thread about his lack of time} Gordon was unbelievable for a freshman. He could not be stopped from going to the hole. They kept talking about his strength with the ball. He turned it over too much but his ability to score inside for a 6-3 guard was unbelievable. I'm not sure he could do that at the NBA level but he went anywhere he wanted last night.

I think the other two were that you have to have a position, and can you create your own shot.