Representin' in the NYC

bonwich

I've been walking around Manhattan all day in my Billiken t-shirt and have received no fewer than four thumbs-ups and "Go Bills." Woo-hoo!

When my girlfriend and I went to NYC over the Labor Day holiday, we went to the Broadway show Jersey Boys. Two different guys stopped me to give verbal props solely on my Billikens golf shirt.

mhg

I've been walking around Manhattan all day in my Billiken t-shirt and have received no fewer than four thumbs-ups and "Go Bills." Woo-hoo!

That's great. People usually just come up to me and say, "Wow, Coach Majerus, you look a lot younger and thinner in person." :rolleyes:

When I was at Trader Joes on Saturday I was wearing my Wilco shirt and a guy walked by and pointed and said "Uncle Tupelo right?" I said "yep" knowing what he meant. On the way home, I thought about the Bilikens.

I was wearing my Wilco shirt and a guy walked by and pointed and said "Uncle Tupelo right?" I said "yep" knowing what he meant. On the way home, I thought about the Bilikens.

Because everyone knows that Uncle Tupelo's first manager was a proud SLU alum! :lol:

I went to one of the hottest restaurants in New York Saturday night. The Billiken coincidence (which was pretty amazing) will be reported in my column on Thursday. (Does anyone know a fan by the last name of "Lane" who lives in Webster?

What restaurant did you go to?

What restaurant did you go to?

Momofuku Ssãm Bar.

I had my SLU T-shirt on in Bryant Park (Mid town) and some clown came up to me and said, "Cards suck." I guess he saw St. Louis and figured Cardinals.

Yeah, but it sure was fun to be there this weekend. Favorite tabloid headline: "You Gotta Berieve!" :D