Anyone know name of Greek team IV plays for?

GOSLU68

Seemed to be a European tournament. We saw parts of games where Greece was represented by Hellas. They were quite good beating Croatia, Tney

advanced several times. The Islanders would sit at outdoor cafes and cheer loudly. It seemed as enthusiastically watched as Rugby or Soccer. I was surpised how popular basketball seemed to be. The players were good shooters but international

rules seemed to allow as much movement as the NBA and very few fouls were called but defense was not as tight

We kept watching to see if Ian was on the team but could not spot him. Maybe it was an all star team of some sort.

Anyone know if he is a starter? and for whom?

olimpiakos I spelled it wrong but its something like that

Olympiakakos

Eurobasket says Ian is on Ago Rethimno but I thought Olympiakakos signed him. Rethimno just moved into the upper league for this season. Their roster doesn't appear to have the starpower that some other teams in the league do.

European Bball is kind of complicated. Each country has a league with different levels kind of like major and minor league baseball here. If your team excels in a lower class it can move up to the higher classes and vice versa. The top teams in each countries' league play against other countries top teams for the european championship. They also have national teams which play each other. Hellas is the name of Greece's national team. Ian is not on that team.

According to Eurobasket Ian signed with Olympiakos but will play with Ago Rethimno for one year as part of a lending agreement.

Thanks, for good replies-my impression was close to what you say is the alignment; the old board had said several times that Ian would go play on the Greek national Team after Slu; obiously, it is not the NBA but also not a situation where you have no dues to pay, either. The talent on the Hellas team I watched was as good as Ian at power forward and center. I could see where IV would have to earn playing time. It seems he has to be on the

top team as well if he is going to get playoff exposure.