Local players highlights

VTIME

Good video Vtime. I seen this on rameybasketball.com it is of the St. Louis Falcons team from the Real Deal tournament in Arkansas during April. Major players on their showing their stuff

Abel Tillman of Berkley #45

Cornelius Chatt of Madison #13

Darain Sain of East St. Louis #24

With many others.

Mr. Ramey does a good job with that Falcons program that always seem to just fly under the radar and compete very well in national tournament. He has had some good players over the years

Robert Kreps kid, Lorenzo Taylor, Darren Brooks, Curtis Marshall, Jared Newson.

I think they have a eteamz website www.eteamz.com/saintlouisfalconsbasketball not sure if it is correct

Son of "Shotgun," if I'm not mistaken. Someone tell me about "Shotgun." Also, I believe he's the nephew of his coach, Gerald "Dink" Jones, who played at Eastern Illinois after sharing the ball with former Billikens Anthony Jones and Anthony Bonner at Vashon. Melvin Robinson would have been a freshman when those three were seniors; did The Big Chill play varsity as a frosh? That must have been one heck of a squad. Wasn't Sean Tunstall also on that team? Sheesh!

Lastly, there was a time that Abel (Tillman) told me he desired to play ball at SLU. Did the Bills ever seriously recruit him? Tillman is probably going to be one of those players Bills fans will wonder why he isn't in Billiken Blue, like Darren Brooks and Kent Williams.

Ramey does a decent job giving kids a chance that the Eagles and Gateway look over. I havent heard anything from the Falcons after that tournament. Does anybody know what's going on with them? I'll check their site. Tillman is definitely a big-time talent, but people always bring up the grade issue. I dont know if it's an issue or non-issue. I believe the 1988 team had like 9 D1 guys on it, so its not hard to believe all those guys played together. Yes Mel Robinson played varsity all 4 years. He was huge. Gerald Jones Jr plays high school ball for his dad at Berkeley, but I'm not sure who he is playing AAU with. I'm surprised he's not with the Eagles. He must not have come to tryout, because I couldnt see them cutting him.

Guest BillikenReport

Tillman could be a guy the Billikens go after, if Suggs and Perry and Roth and John all turn down SLU.

Would you rather have Tillman or Brett Thompson? Tillman or 6-11 Willie Reed?

I think Tillman is definitely a consideration for SLU, but not unless they miss out on a few other guys first.

- Nate

Tillman is an incredible athlete. Unreal shotblocking. He's thin like Reed is. I dont know. Tillman is a pretty special athlete. Definite mid-to-high major potential. He can pretty much dunk anything when he wants to. He just needs to add weight so he can hold his position better and not get pushed off the block. He literally floats and I cant see him getting a shotblocked. He just needs to get stronger. Immediate impact player defensively with an offensive game that is getting better.

Talked to Todd Starks and they won the Gateway tournament after that and went to the King of the South tourney in Nashville where they played in front of 80 D1 schools and played one game against Atlanta Celtics, They also went to Adidas May Classic which they went 4-1 and won their pool. So thats an update that I got. They are going to several tourney in July.