The efficiency of Liddell

VTIME

He average 15ppg last year without ever taking 20 shots in a game. His career high in attempts is 18. His scoring is incredibly efficient for the # of shots he takes. He also shot 47% from the field and 45% from beyond the arc (third best in school history). He also averaged 7rpg for the second year in a row, he also had 87 assists. He does everything. He also had time to make a school-record 8 threes in one game. Think of all the shooters SLU has had and he's the first to make 8 in 1 game. Who would've figured that after his first season of abysmal 3pt shooting. He even had 17 rebound game. Phenominal player. I only expect more out of him under Majerus. As good as Liddell is though, Lisch is no sidekick. He's equally important and I might add something on him later to show my appreciation.

yeah man... that is why i couldnt stand brad's offensive system... just pass the ball around the 3-pt arch and run out the clock.... all in part because it totally limited the shot attempts of liddell and lisch. i think that and brad's refusal to make in game adjustments serve as the pillars of his coaching downfall. regardless, liddell is a stud, and i was very pleased to see that his work with brad last summer really paid off in his 3 point shooting. in reality, it is brad's work with liddell last summer to refine his shot which might prove liddell nba worthy in the next couple of years. the first time i ever saw tommie play, i said: "this guy totally reminds me of tmac"... and i watch tmac alot (i used to live in houston)... just as tmac, his passing ability is grossly underrated.

I think Tommie moving to the pg will get him to the NBA. He could be the next Javaris Crittendon, but more poised. Being a 6'5 pg who shoots a good percentage from behind the arc is very athletic, can defend, pass, and is one of the top rebounding guards in the country, that should get him drafted. Plus he will have played for a great coach. I bet Tommie and Kevin never dreamed this could happen when they signed. This is what can happen when kids decide to stay local as opposed to opting for the big-time school. They turned down Lon Kruger and Bruce Weber to

1 Be local heroes

2. Be All-conference players

3. Play for Brad Soderberg

Now they already have the first 2, and they get to spend their best years under the tutelage of Rick Majerus.

I think it's just as important to Lisch's chances that he really thrive at the PG... if he could get his assists up to about 6 a game, and maybe max out at 18 PPG his senior year, while shooting over 40% from 3 and playing stellar defense, and continuing to lead a young team, he might get some serious looks too. Everybody could use a Steve Nash, even a poor man's one.

The key is getting to the tournament and even winning a game or two. If Lisch and Liddell continue to improve and have Majerus backing them, I think a Sweet Sixteen appearance in '09 could get them both to DAT LEAGUE®!

vtime said,

"He could be the next Javaris Crittendon"

is that a good thing? i dont know who javaris crittendon is but i admit unless hughes

(the finals ended last night for me. hughes is done, i would just as soon watch the history channel the rest of the way out)

is involved i dont watch the nba and i am assuming this is an nba player?

i dont watch acc basketball. that would mean i was having to subject myself to vitale or packer. i have grown to hate them so much i cant stomach watching acc games.