From Jeff Gordon's chat yesterday

Nick: Jeff,

How long do you really see Rick Majerus staying at SLU? I don't see the guy staying longer than 18 months. With his track record and health concerns, SLU will be searching again in 2009.

Jeff Gordon: Yeah, the over-under ought to be two seasons. If he makes things happen -- and holds up physically -- all the big schools will come calling. He can win and he can sell tickets.

http://www.stltoday.com/discussions/sports.../LD06010715/all

Anyone who asks Jeff Gordon about SLU basketball, obviously doesnt have a clue.

Edit: Did you see yet again today another thread about Majerus and how long he will last on tigerboard. They seriously have a hard on for Majerus

I agree. If Rick wanted to coach at a big school, I think he could have had that opportunity. Furthermore, when a "big" school hires there coach, they are looking for a long term solution. Somebody who will be with that school for awhile. Everybody knows Rick isn't in this for the long haul (i.e 15+ years). I'm hoping, and actually feel confident, that we get our 6 years.

Never say never, but I'd be really surprised if RM left for a bigger program. Reasoning: He goes BCS he invites a lot of pressure. Yes, he's under some strain to produce here, but it's a pittance to what he'd undergo at most BCS programs. Also, he doesn't strike me as the type whose in it solely for the $$$, more a comfort zone thing to him. Again, Utah wasn't a BCS school, yet he was there for 15 years. No biggie put out feelers in all that time? I think he reneged on USC because he sensed the pressure that would come with that job from supporters, alum, press, etc. If he leaves it will be for his health.

>Never say never, but I'd be really surprised if RM left for

>a bigger program. Reasoning: He goes BCS he invites a lot of

>pressure. Yes, he's under some strain to produce here, but

>it's a pittance to what he'd undergo at most BCS programs.

>Also, he doesn't strike me as the type whose in it solely

>for the $$$, more a comfort zone thing to him. Again, Utah

>wasn't a BCS school, yet he was there for 15 years. No

>biggie put out feelers in all that time? I think he reneged

>on USC because he sensed the pressure that would come with

>that job from supporters, alum, press, etc. If he leaves it

>will be for his health.

I agree that when he leaves it will be health realated. Major heart problems in the past, pushing 60 years old, more overweight than Homer Simpson, not a good combo.