Barry Eberhardt

Don't know if this has been posted:

http://www.hoopwise.com

Look for the new Saint Louis coach to ink Barry Eberhardt as his first recruit of the Majerus era. Eberhardt is a 6-6 scorer from Coffeeville Community College and a native of Inkster, Michigan…I’ve had 3-4 messages already about my negative recruiting post below from assistants at various schools…

That's good news, if true.

Here is a blurb from the Miami (Oh) website:

"2007 PROSPECT: Barry (6’ 6 1/2") is originally from Inkster, MI and spent the past two seasons at Coffeyville CC. A beast inside who also can step outside and hit the open shot: 19.6 points, 6.7 rebounds and shoots 58.7 per cent overall, 44.8% (24-46) from the three-point line. Coffeyville HC Jay Herkelman said this of Barry:

'I had him in an individual workout, and right away I could see he had the touch and could take people off the dribble with his size, said Herkelman, who coached University of Virginia All-America Devin Smith.' The body was the first thing. He’s 6-6, 252, a guy who can catch the ball, and he was mobile. It’s kind of like you had in Karl Malone, a guy who faces up and also finish around the basket.’"

the guy on the recruiting site comparing him to karl malone though might be a little over the top! (moytoy's post)