ah, how schweet it is...

i was walking down campus this afternoon and there he was, sitting on the steps of west pine gym with assistant coach angres thorpe.

he was talking on his cell phone and i waved to him and said "hey coach! welcome to saint louis!" and he waved and said "thank you very much."

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

If coach Majerus has Tommie really excited like that a week or so after the coach that has been with him the last two years was fired abruptly, I can't wait to see how the other players react and play under him too!! The wait for the season to start is going to be 100 times more painful than the wait for Majerus to sign was!!!!

At first I thought those who were saying that the AC for RM would be the next SLU coach may have had a point but now I am not so sure. Given that we have shown a willingness to pay very well and to invest in the program, I would think that we could easily attract other high profile - maybe not an RM - but surely head coaches from successful programs - even those that coming might be seen as a lateral move . One of the issues with the SLU job has always been the school's financial support for the program when it came to attracting quality head coaches.

Also, I would not be so sure that RM will be here only 3 years - I think he will finish out his contract. Everybody is so sure he may not last that I think this might impact his ability to recruit - the negative recruiting has already begun. I think it is important to focus on him being here for the length or beyond his contract. Think positive.

Cheeseman, his health is precarious at best. There is a BIG reason one of the best college coaching minds has been a talking head for three years. The job will kill him, sooner or later. Anyone who tips the scales at 300+ pounds, and is not a professional athlete, tops the chart for health risks across the board.

If you are running a family business that involves extensive national travel, and you are pulling down a mil a year salary, would you not be expected to be grooming your eventual replacement? If not, let's just stick with the current staff and save money. We probably paid the search company half of RM's first year of salary.

Overpay for Martin, and lets get the show on the road!

I doubt we paid the search firm anything for our hiring of RM - the search firm thing was a smoke screen to make people think they were going national. I am not so sure his health is so precarious - I think the doctors would have told him NO if they thought it was going to be a problem. Now with that said anybody can drop dead anytime even marathoners in their 30s from heart attacks so it could happen to him just like anybody else. I believe he has to watch his diet/weight, exercise and stay on top of his medication but lots of people have to do this.