Interesting scenario posted at the PressBox

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...2fd48816a5e2595

Biondi shouldn't take the entire hit. The Board of Trustees made a recommendation to fire Brad immediately after the season. Cheryl made a plea to keep him noting that there were several impact players that were in-play for the late signing period. The Board had their doubts, but grudgingly played along. The signing period came and went with SLU getting only a couple of marginal commits. That sealed it for Brad. Cheryl did not go to the awards banquet on Sunday because she was "sick." She knew that she now had to whack Brad which she did on Tuesday. There was no plan B because the Board was lead to believe that the late signing period "commits" would resolve everything. A search process was created and Majerus entered through another source. Our friend from Chicago has his fingerprints on Majerus' candidacy as I suspected.

I look for a deal to get done.

The Board of Trustees in on this???

The trustees being involved makes no sense, maybe some smoke to cover Biondi.

And I still have a hard time with the arena's namesake being involved in the firing; hiring RM, maybe. He goes from a guy with limited contact to total involvement in 5 months? I understand the naming for a legacy thing, but little else that has been rumored.

While there may have been some board members who thought that Brad was not right for the future there was no board ultimatum and Chaivetz was not involved in the decision. It is absolutely amazing that people would print things that are false just to try to pretend they have a "story". Ridiculous

SLU's "Board of Trustees" has something like 40 members. However, there's also an "executive committee" that does most of the real work. It's very plausible to me (but I don't claim to know any hard information) that Larry informally consulted with at least some of the members of the executive committee before this whole thing came down. (Given the amount of money involved, I'd think he'd almost have had to.)