why didn't SLU get Kevin Durant last year? ;o)

"We didn't need an "amazing list of players who wanted to play for SLU", but we did need a couple of players from last year's recruiting class who could have contributed this past season. I didn't have a big problem with Adam and Dustin as part of last year's recruiting class if they were paired with a couple of recruits who were ready to play right away. The problem was that with two more scholarships available, we landed a project in Dixon and did the dreaded "save a scholarship" strategy. The `06 recruiting class contributed NOTHING to the 06-07 season. The way I looked at it, with Drejaj leaving the prior year and a weakness at the 4, there were plenty of available minutes for newcomers."

You won't get an argument or a defense of Brad from me on that one. There is no excuse for the lack of finding players to fit our glaring holes. Obviously Horace and Obi turned out to be worthless.

The jury is still out on Adam and Dustin. I believe Adam has the capability to be a good tough inside presence for us and have no idea why he didn't see the floor a bit more often especially in the conference tourney. Brad's short bench is as questionable as his recruiting on occasion.

I'm obviously not happy with Brad but unready to exaggerate his shortcomings to make a point......

"I'm obviously not happy with Brad but unready to exaggerate his shortcomings to make a point......"

But you do have the following signature:

"It's no longer the anti-Brad crew. It's the self righteous, we suck bigtime, we'll never get another recruit, we have no support, the arena is nice but won't help..........BUT I'm REALLY a Billiken fan crew (Or the S.R.W.S.B.W.N.G.A.R.W.H.N.S.T.A.I.N.B.W.H.B.I.R.B.F.C. for short)."

So you don't mind exaggerating in the opposite direction?

I'm with Roy on disbelieving the story that roundtree wanted to come to SLU. I'd put that in the fairytale class. If I wanted to attend a school, I wouldn't verbal somewhere else really early

I'd probably want to go to the dance more often than SLU has of late. I cannot fault Roundtree for committing to a perennial NCAA team at all. I also can't blame Brad for missing on a kid who "wanted to come here" but verbals to Lowery before we can legally talk to him. Only a hater could, in my opinion.....

"and the fact that romar and spoon both had success after they left slu"

Roy, the fact that you believe Spoon had "success" in his three years at UNLV (3 NIT births) speaks volumes to me about what you think success is.

1) the NIT is not success

2) If you can find me one UNLV fan that thinks Spoon was successful there I'd be shocked.

Simple questions Roy, did Spoon have more success at SLU (3 NCAAs in 7 years and 1 NIT) or at UNLV (3 NITs)?

spoon at slu was the ultimate roller coaster. 3 seasons under 500, 3 fantastic seasons.

at unlv he was consistent and the program was growing. kruger feasted this year with what spoon setup for him.

that was my point.

i dont want a roller coaster. i want the program to get better and stay there. if that takes awhile so be it. i cant stand the up and down effect.

Yes, Spoon had 3 losing seasons at SLU. Of course, one of them came the year proceeding a 5 win season when he won 13 games. Pretty damn good coaching if you ask me. The 2nd came in his final season when SLU was one game under .500, played the 31st toughest schedule in the country and had an RPI of 89 (roughly the same as the last two seasons which apparently are ok seasons for some of you). So really by the standards on this board, Spoon had one "bad" season, 3 "ok" ones and 3 "fantastic" seasons. For Brad to match that success he needs to 1) have fantastic seasons the next two years (unlikely given the lack of depth and big men on this team) and 2) invent a time machine to change one of his past "ok" seasons to a "fantastic" one.

The thing about roller-coasters Roy is that it means you have to have some ups too. So far all we've gotten from the current regime is is a flat ride through perpetual medicority with one awful season. If this is what you prefer then so be it.

flat ride?

16, 19, 9, 16, 20

that series of numbers on a line chart wouldnt look flat to me.

soderberg has had only one season as bad as spoon's one bad and 3 ok seasons.