who is the most highly touted recruit the bills have

NH

1. Larry Hughes, He was top 10 and McDonald's All American

2. Julian Winfield, he was a Parade All American

These were by far the biggest recruits since it became popular to rank guys out of HS.

There were plenty of guys who were well regarded in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, but there was no ranking system available to people outside of college coaches and scouts.

Guys like Big Rich Niemann, Johnnie Parker, Ricky Frazier, Harry Rogers were all highly regarded guys. One can only imagine the fervor Rogers would create if he was coming out today.

I think I remember seeing the whole class was ranked,by some, in the top 5,with Hughes of course being the gem.

Baniak was top 75-150, Heinrich,seen him listed as a top 25 center,Tatum top 200.

Hughes won MVP of some national team game,and should have won mcDonald`s award.

Julian Winfield was listed as a Parade Magazine AA.

Hughes, Winfield, Douglas, Parker, Sr. The Hughes class eclipsed the Claggett class as the top "get" for SLU. With Claggett, you had Highmark, Winfield and Brian Smith. Before that it was Gray and Douglas, but that was more along the lines of saving the program from extinction, not about it getting better. Douglas and Gray came right along the heels of the cutting of the Division 1 hockey program and a 5 - 23 record in Grawer's initial year. talk about aleap of faith .. Gray and Douglas staying home after the Bills posted that mark.

In my time, the biggest recruit missd was Stipanovich. With Dressler, DeSmet was seen as a big time player source and we could not break into that circle. Ted Mimlitz was another from the local Catholic circuit and we couldn't get him until he went to Mizzou and then came back. I didn't think he was worth much over the long run. Most of St. louis' biggest names have gone elsewhere .... Miles, Ellis, Lee, Woods, Carawell, White, Buchanon, Thames, etc.