It looks like Shimmy is taking after Brad.....

per the post dispatch, "Jones will now move on to Missouri, her parents' alma mater. She signed a letter of intent in November, opting for Mizzou over Tennessee, St. Louis and Illinois. Her recruiting included a visit from Tennessee coach Pat Summitt, a Hall of Famer with six NCAA titles."

shimmy made the final four vs tennessee and her father's alma mater!

shimmy was all over her to come to slu.

shimmy has another stellar class coming next year with the ortiz girl and woods.

and she already has a verbal from now junior alisha goodwin who was teresa lisch's sidekick when teresa when deep in the illinois tourney last year.

it is rumored that slu is in the middle of getting super junior, teandrau smith from east st louis who in my opinion has more upside than shak jones has. and that isnt a knock on jones. jones is awesome.

Looks like Shimmy is getting the recruiting job done. What is amazing to me is how she is able to get this done with home games at West Pine, what has to be a poor budget compared to other womens' programs and, finally, a pathetic history of women's basketball at SLU. Her charisma is tremendous.

>Looks like Shimmy is getting the recruiting job done. What

>is amazing to me is how she is able to get this done with

>home games at West Pine, what has to be a poor budget

>compared to other womens' programs and, finally, a pathetic

>history of women's basketball at SLU. Her charisma is

>tremendous.

I agree with you on your points. I think one of her biggest selling points is the new arena. I have a feeling West Pine Gym is mentioned as an after-thought when she's recruiting.