It will be nice not to listen to Doug Elgin for awhile

inthelou

"Okay Doug we got that". It's gotten pathetic here locally that there has to be "a reaction" from Elgin on every tourney bid, every snub, every NCAA victory the Valley gets via the local media. Give it a rest. I don't need Elgin telling me "what SIU's Sweet 16 appearance means." I notice they never go for his reaction after a Valley team gets bounced.

actually having the Valley offices on Chouteau across from Ameren UE has been a boon to the local neighborhoods' residents for the most part. It seems as part of their good neighbor largesse-many $66 tickets were given away to fill the stands-attendance was 26,500 or so and many tickets had valley comp type signatures. We may not want to join

but it is at least as good as having the Bowling Hall of Fame downtown.

If SLU gets on a roll we should expect the media to want free tickets as well as pro players-for all the money they make. They had no problem when Spoon was here begging for tickets even if they left long before the curtain call-I am always amazed at "fans" who leave a tightly contested game with 2 minutes to go. UNX was down 49-33 before beating Georgetown by almost 10. a 20-30 pt swing is not unheard of in this game.

Elgin is doing his job. And the local small to mid-size sTL media is more than willing to take part.

In actuality, outside of that area and region...the MVC received no more buzz than the other mid-major leagues.

It was business as usual in the MVC this year. Two teams danced, rest of the league didn't. And those two teams not shockingly were Creighton and SIU. And that is where the league is at....and that is good for them. The off the wall crazies are pretty quiet these days because they were thinking the MVC was more than it is a two team top heavy league.