I was wrong...

I have always said the facilities shouldn't make a difference as far as recruiting goes, but today I saw something amazing. I went to Mizzou for the Charleston game and I called up Coach Anderson and I met with him and he showed me around. That place is freaking awesome. I don't know how a kid can take the tour, listen to Coach's enthusiasm and vision, and not verbal right there on the spot. The main gym, the practice gym, the locker rooms, the players lounge, the training rooms, everything just amazing. So now I understand facilites make a huge difference, especially if you don't have a coach with a big personality. So I say all of that to say I was wrong, facilities do make a difference. I have heard the Billikens staff say that the new arena is going to be among the best in the midwest and I cannot wait to see the arena in detail.

"but it merely gets you in the game, allows you to be in the conversation"

Sooooooooo.

Up to now, we haven't been in the game, or in the conversation! Even if we had "YOUR" coach, whoever that might be, we still wouldn't "be in the game" because of our existing facilities.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble following this. We need a new coach because we haven't been in the tournament lately. He will make all the difference. Now I learn that, no matter who the coach is, we haven't even been the game, or the conversation(?), because of our existing facilities.

Hmmmmmm!

Personally I cna't wait to attend the first game in the new arena at SLU.

Maybe I will be able to finally hear someone yelling in support of the team during the game versus the silence endured at the Scotts Trade Center.

A few more good players wouldn't hurt either....How about Boyle from Desoto last night for SIU? Nice game.

>"but it merely gets you in the game, allows you to be in the

>conversation"

>

>Sooooooooo.

>

>Up to now, we haven't been in the game, or in the

>conversation! Even if we had "YOUR" coach, whoever that

>might be, we still wouldn't "be in the game" because of our

>existing facilities.

>

>I'm sorry, I'm having trouble following this. We need a new

>coach because we haven't been in the tournament lately. He

>will make all the difference. Now I learn that, no matter

>who the coach is, we haven't even been the game, or the

>conversation(?), because of our existing facilities.

>

>Hmmmmmm!

Ok...let me try to be more clear. There are coaches out there who can do more and have done more with less(facilities, support, etc...)

As far as recruiting goes, shiny new facilities only gets you in the conversation regarding a conversation about new facilities because plenty of other places already have them and even mid-majors are building them.

So in conclusion the new faciltities will help SLU. But they will not put SLU at a big advantage over other schools, no.

Basically what it does is move on from the conversation of can Brad do more with less. The answer so far is no. Can Brad do more with better facilities? We'll see if he is around long enough to find out.

talked to Springfield Mo couple last night who follow the Lady Bears

they say their coach is being criticized for bringing in 5 freshpersons who saw plenty of playing time; it is the coach's 3 or 4th year; evidently the coach had jackie stiles younger sister as a new recruit. I would think even Shimmy Gray will benefit from the new

facilities. The renderings look awesome. i've only been a few other

college facilities even though I go to most SLU home games-SIU will have to spend a billion dollars to compete with the campus setting and

new facilities we have and there should be no excuses from 2008 forward