Charlie Tuna giving the Bills props??!!

SLURadioBoy

I just got done watching "The Pit" on Sports Plus on Channel 5 and Charlie Tuna was actually complimenting Brad and the Bills! He said he has criticized SLU in the past, but he's been shocked by Soderberg's recruiting lately and we have a bright future. He also said Brad was the second best coach in the state...behind Floyd Irons. Hmmm, maybe we should have given Floyd the job instead? :) Also, if Brad coached Mizzou, they would lose two games all year. Mike Grimm (from KMOX) was also very complimentary of SLU, saying he loved their style of ball. You gotta love all this positive press!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I was sitting there watching that segment just waiting to see what kind of anti-SLU garbage Tuna was going to spout out, but then to my shock he started commenting SLU and Soderberg. He went on about how great of a coach Brad was, then I was really shocked when Tuna praised Brad's recruiting and said that he had been incorrect in his previous assessment of Brad's recruiting abilities.

Also, right after that ended, I switched over to Sports Final on KMOV and they had a nice, long piece about Soderberg by Tim McKernan.

I too was waiting for Charlie to start slamming SLU, especially after Mike Grimm spoke highly of us. I was shocked when I was hearing all the praise he was giving Brad. Soderberg really has everyone in the town convinced! Now if only the fans will start flocking to the games again like they did in the "Spoonball" days.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

The CBS spotlight on Brad was one of the best cover stories on Billiken Basketball I have seen in a long time. It discussed Brad's past at Wisconsin all the way up to his future here at SLU. Was at least 5 minutes long and had good interviews with Sloan, Fish, and Reggie. I was extremely pleased...even more so than Tuna's statements which surprised me as well. Lisch's story was also quite good...it's a good time to be a Bills fan.

Spoon had the advantage of having a team with several big name local players and I think that next year with his incoming recruiting class, you will start seeing more fans turn out. St. Louis likes to support their local kids and if you have them playing on your team, you will get more press and more attendance.