stuff

p diddy

lots to cover, sorry for length in advance

nice win heading into the most difficult stretch of the season. i loved seeing five players score in double figures, plus we outrebounded a team that led the league in rebounding margin.

*tom was awesome. his intensity is off the charts. i thought his most impressive plays of the game were his one-handed tip-dunk that did not count and when he dived out of bounds to save a loose ball and keep a possession. that rouse kid must have been crazy to elbow him. what was he thinking? i think he has scored in double figures in every conference game.

*we have a good TEAM. 18 assists on 21 field goals is good basketball. guys are playing their roles and they love playing with each other. when i see subs coming out of the game and starters are halfway on the court to greet them and pat them on the back, that is a team that truly cares about each other. those are the little things that help us compete against the monsters in our league.

*it looked like izik came to play today. that kid is so long and athletic. he was really crashing the offensive glass today and i loved to see that. teams should not be able to zone us effectively when he is in the middle. 10 points, five rebounds and good defense is more than acceptable. when izik brings it, we are really good.

*many people in the stl are missing something pretty nice. this is a hard-working team that gets positive results through sheer will and effort. good kids as well. can't believe that people aren't turning out for games. at least the people who show up have shown their appreciation. where i sit, not only do they go wild when reggie drops a long trey, but when sloan takes a charge, tom crashes the boards or when drejaj and fish stalk opposing guards. i think people will start coming out again.

*we play so FREAKING HARD. i enjoyed burwell's column today about our defense. they play every defensive possession as if they are protecting a one point lead in the final seconds of the game. over the course of 40 minutes, that kind of intesity will wear on you.

*the charlotte game will be doubly tough now because UAB just beat them at Charlotte. NOBODY wants to lose two consecutive conference home games. hang on folks, things are really going to get interesting in the following weeks.

*The belleville east tournament was fun to watch. i saw bruce weber in the house, too b. roy. he was trying to hide out in the corner, you could not miss him with that bright orange sweater he had on. lisch is a special player. i think he scored something like 20 points, but i thought west defended him pretty well. last night, he made some amazing passes to teammates and his defense on xavier price was tremendous. i think x scored only four points and that was when lisch was out of the game. the night before, X played a tremendous game against centralia (28 points and 10 rebounds), but Kevin shut him down. but west has too many other weapons. i think they can really make some noise in peoria if they make it there. matt shaw is a horse and dentmon from carbondale is excellent (i think he was the mvp of the whole deal). the kellerman kid is okay. he shoots it pretty well, but he should be doing much more at 6'7 at the high school level. he has improved over last year.

*what are the stats of travis parker of sms west plains.

*robert faulkner played at peoria richwoods. they made it to the final four a couple of years ago. he played with shaun livingston for two years before he moved over to central.

good luck to the bills on this tough road stretch.

JLo, i'm waiting.

bad boyz for life

http://www.wp.smsu.edu/univcomm/Grizzlies_...e_Cardinals.htm

"Barr also praised the play of sophomore Travis Parker, who scored a season high 33 points. “We’ve been waiting for Travis to play the way he’s capable of playing, and he finally did,†the coach said. “As a seasoned sophomore, this is the type of performance we expect out of him every time. He had 33 points, nine rebounds and went to the free throw line 11 times. It was good to see that."

i talked to one of lisch's teamates today and he was pretty sure that kevin didnt even talk to weber after the game. i know he didnt even give weber a look as he came into and out of the gym. i was watching reactions specifically. i was disappointed that thorpe or soderberg did not come either friday or saturday nite to mark their territory. especially knowing that the other coaches were coming. and they knew as a belleville new democrat reporter told me who was going to be there both nights before any ever showed.

dentman was indeed the mvp and deserved it, but i liked the blackledge kid a lot for carbondale. he is skinny as can be, but a 6'7" wing with his athleticism can be intriguing. my son said he heard he is headed to jucoland, i wouldnt lose track of that kid.

i thought that price's performance friday nite was his best ever. but then kevin just put him away saturday nite. the two offensive fouls that price got in the first half was proof kevin had gotten under his skin.

if centralia guards would look for shaw more, they could have won against west on friday nite imo. the dunk shaw had friday was as good as i have seen from an area high schooler since darius miles was in town.