Let's Apologize to V-Time

aj_arete

It looks like he did have a valid point. As we look back on the season, one of the main problems was SLU's ability to handle pressure. This falls on the backs of Polk, Liddell and Lisch, who have all been shaky under the pressure. Mizzou is certainly a mediocre team that might struggle to get to the NIT, however they would be a bad matchup for SLU, especially in Columbia.

I'll admit that I had higher expectations for SLU, but as I look back, I think we all put too much pressure on key players, who are sophomores. I think back to the Claggett and Highmark era and those players made significant improvement between their sophomore and junior years. Let's hope the core of Liddell, Lisch and Meyer will do the same next year. Call me an optimist (for a change), but I think the players will put forth the effort needed to take that next step next year.

It would be foolhardy to make a coaching change now with the uncertainty of our conference affiliation. This job is very unattractive now, but in a couple of years with a new arena and hopefully better management within the conference, this job could be ideal.

the question i have is, and i realize we all watch slu very closely, but knowing what we do, why did we not see more pressure defenses this past season?

are scouting reports that off or can't teams use pressure defenses?

given what previous teams did to us when they pressed and the lack of depth on our roster, why not press, press, press??

we had problems early, we got better then we had this game. We have to remember it was our 3rd game with the 1st 2 being games that our starters had to play alot of minutes due to the closeness of the games. GW was on their 2nd game. We handled them ok when we played the 1st time. Whether we should have been or not is another subject, but we were clearly fatiqued.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Most teams just arent deep enough to press. It takes a lot out of the team. And even if they are deep, they might have slow bigs. Even coach Anderson admitted that he can only do 20-25 minutes of hell and not 40 because he doesn't quite have the personnel yet. He feels he will have it next year with his nephew and this Safford ki coming in becuase they are long athletic wings with speed and its pretty much assumed that Marshall Brown and Kalen Grimes wont start.