We all know UB isn't going anywhere, but, as of right now assuming no NIT bid. What are your thoughts on Brad

I voted to fire him. In 6 years...

- a close to .500 record.

- only 2 NIT's

- no NCAA tourney appearances

- it looks like no postseason with his best team

- poor recruiting

Not to sound like Bernie, but why accept mediocrity.

CAG

I'm on the fence. I've seen good and bad from Brad this year. In short, I don't know if he is ultimately the guy for SLU, but i don't know if replacing him right now does anything positive. Perhaps i'm a one-more year vote by default.

It's not that we don't have an opinion, but it is the fact that Brad can have a great game coaching against umass and turn around within 24 hours and have a stinker against GW. To me, that gives more than enough evidence to straddle the fence.

Do you really think after piss pour recruiting Brad is suddenly going to land 4 top 100 players that aren't his son? That's the only reason most of you "on the fence" or those "who want him to stay" are on board. SLU CAN NOT build a program with top 100 players. Face reality. The majority of the time they will choose BCS schools over SLU. To keep Brad around for a shot at these 2008 recruits is non-sense.

Ticket prices are about to be JACKED-UP!! How will SLU sell these seats with mediocrity?

CAG

and how would you know what the "on the fence" or those who want him to stay are thinking.

Personally I can think of several reasons why he should go ad I can think of just as many as to why he should stay. Mst decisions aren't completely black or white. Imo this one isn't either.

For me to demand a coach who had 20 wins and has improved 2 years in a row ... I'd have to know more. For example, I would want to know what our recruiting budget really is for mens basketball compared to the top 50 teams. I recognize that he really hasn't had the arena as a reruiting tool except for the last 6 months, and I'm not sure that it helps much with incoming Juco's. I just don't believe if you give a man the resources equal to teams ranked above 100 you can realistically expect him to field a top 50 program and that is what we are talking about. Brad has consistently been a 70 to 100 type team. If we are providing him with the recources equal to most of the teams in the top 50, I can understand being upset at not acheiving that status ... if we are providing im with recources equal to most teams in the 50-100 range ... you got what you paid for, to expect anything else long term is not realistic. If we are providing him with the recources equal to most team ranked 100-200 he has overachieved.

I guess for me to say ... I think he should be fired, I'd want more info.

There are alot of coaching decisions Brad makes that I don't like, which imo is a seperate issue. How does he utilize the players he does have? I'm in disagreement with alot of Brad's coaching philosophies ... but if he has overachieved given the resources he has had to work with ... how do I know my philosophies would have produced any better results.

Contrary to popular opinion Brad has done the best job of recruiting St.Louis of any of the local programs.

Whose roster would you trade TL, KL, LM, DP, AK, and DM for? Would you trade TL, KL, and LM for Faulkner, Shaw and Tatum? The problem is we don't seem to be able to add the remainder of the roster from outside St.Louis. Except for Ian what top player have we landed from outside the metro area in the last 3-4 years. DB? Obi? HD? That fact alone makes me question whether he has the recources required to be a top 50 program ... we all said we wanted a program that was in the tourney most years ... say 3 out of 5. How many teams have done that? How many of them have recruiting budgets equal or less than ours?

I don't know the answers ... which is why I am on the fence.

In advannce for those who say he hasn't even made it once ... many of you wanted him gone before this year, regardless of results, based upon his ability or inability to sustain an NCAA tourney caliber team. So this one year doesn't change the real question in my mind. Do we provide him with the recources to be a top 50 team ...

If the answer is and has been yes for more than a year ... I say lets move on and find another guy.

If the answer is we didn't the last few years, but we do now ... I say let's give him another year and reevaluate.

If the answer is no ... I say why not? I say we don't really expect a top 50 program, any talk otherwise is just lip service.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

>a poll like this is basically worthless!

Most of the posters here are veteran posters. One guy last night who uses several names postes a gazillion posts of trolling and negativity. It unfortunately happens on every board after a loss. EVERY team's board. Once this poster was found out by moderators, he was gone.

You are way off base with this opinion in your post Billikan.

Please don't bring up resources and budget again. We moved to the A10 b/c our budget's in line with the teams in that conference. Cheryl just stated that last week again. The MVC teams aren't out there throwing tons of money at everyone. We didn't get TL, KL, IV b/c of a great budget those recruiting years.

I'm not happy with Brad b/c his judgment of the "roll players" has been awful. I'm also not happy with his in game coaching. I'm not happy that he "doesn't have answers". He's had 6 years, I feel it's time to move on.

Now am I a troll b/c of that? I've had season tickets since I went to SLU and would bet I donate more to the billiken club then 99% of the posters on here. I post on here to voice my frustration. If you're not preaching that current conditions are a perfect utopia then you are a "troll" and hate the program. That's BS. I just have high standards and expect more.

CAG

I guess you are responding to me. Where did I say you were a troll. I don't think you are a troll and I never claimed you were. We disagree on some things ... so what. You were the one deciding why others felt the way they did.

Most of your thoughts on Brad regarding coaching I agree with. My thoughts on recources have to do with being a top 50 program. I agree this was a poor season. Even though I'm of the opinion that he hasn't been given the resources to be a consistent top 50 program (which Cheryl reiteratated) I'm still on the fence, mostly due to the fact I don't like the way he uses his players, and his defense.

You can be on either side you want ... but at least look at things realistically.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.