Two More

I don't think I could be more happy with last nights game. The contributions we got from unlikely players was really special. Bryce Husak gets my player of the game for how he forced UMass to completely alter their game plan and kudos to the coaching staff for going with him to start the 2nd half. I said it would help if we could attack and get some of their bigs in foul trouble and Freeman was in foul trouble all evening. Liddell kept us in the game in the first half with his ability to take his man at will. Then you have Ian continuing his great play of late and really being a force once again. Bryce came in and did his best Dirk impression and played a great game; he did take a couple illadvised shots, but lets not nitpick here. Justin Justin, a kid I have bashed on here, hits the two biggest shots of his career and shots when he took them I was screaming in anger about until they went in. Kevin did not post impressive offensive numbers, but he was all over the court and a pest on the defensive end. Great win last night and all I can say is lets get two more. I have criticized Brad and these wins certainly do not change any of my opinions, but I am onboard and will not being saying anything too critical of him at this point. Lets get it done tonight and tomorrow. The similarities between this team and the Miracle in Memphis team are striking and I just hope we can turn a dissapointing season into something special these next couple of days. Unfortunately I am back in Houston and will have to follow this game on the internet and without any fellow Billiken fans.

I have been saying the same thing for awhile about the similarities to the Miracle in Memphis team. Get to a sports bar with the sports package and watch it down there. Make everybody wonder why you are going nuts when nothing is going on in the UT or A&M game. That is also the kind of thing that can get a crowd of people cheering on with. March Madness bringing people together.

Is it kind of pathetic that I am making my afternoon project finding a bar to watch the Billiken game at? I think I could definitely get some people on board with the Billikens down here. By the time the game starts I will not be feeling any pain and will likely be in a great mood as my team is making a run in the conference tourney. I will be back in St. Louis on Sunday to celebrate with all of you. Rest assured there will be plenty of people in Houston learning what a Billiken is and about the Legends of Lisch, Liddell, Vouyoukas, Meyer, and Husak. I have already promised JJ and Bryce a night out once the season is over to thank them for making such huge plays last night.

After what he did last year against GW, I could see that.

I really think that this could be a huge night for Ian. From looking at their roster, GW doesn't seem to have anyone near Ian's size. He scored 16 against GW earlier this season, and that was in the middle of his bad streak that ended in him not starting the LaSalle game. He's playing much better now. I'm thinking at least 20 from him tonight.