NIT and Small Conference Tourneys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 of those losses came to K-State and Kansas who both finished near the top of the conference. That's not weak at all. Missouri actually had more wins against the South than the North. They beat Tech, Ok State, Oklahoma and Baylor.

Roy:

I agree that SLU would be a slight favorite over the Tigers in a head to head match up. I think MU has more depth, so the Tigers would have a chance to win if they could force an up tempo game, as I think SLU would run out of gas in that kind of game. However, I suspect that Lisch and Polk are good enough to control the tempo.

I think that the Tigers would really struggle defending Vouyakis in the post and Lidell on the wing. When the game reached crunch time, I think it would be easier for the Billikens to get buckets. I think it would be a really entertaining contest, and I hope it happens in the NIT here in St. Louis if both teams lose in their respective conference tournaments, and then get the invite to the NIT. It needs to be played in St. Louis, even if it has to be played at the Family Arena (I've seen it mentioned here that Scottrade is not available that whole week). I don't think the game sells many tickets on a weeknight in Columbia, but it sells a lot of tickets to both SLU and MU fans if it is in the Greater St. Louis area.

Good luck in the A-10 Tournament. You guys have a good team, and in my view, you haven't had a break the whole year. Personally, I like Soderberg, and I think he is a good coach. Lisch and Lidell are high-level players, and Vouyakis seems to have emerged from this funk. It seems to me that Soderberg goes about things in the right way, and that he pours his heart and soul into this thing. Maybe he gets a break in the A-10 Tournament this weekend. The bracket sets up nicely for the Bills to get to the final if they play well. If they get there, anything is possible.

vtime tech, ok state and ok are not the same as years past. they are living off of reputation.

vtime, snap out of it. if mi$$ouri struggles with nebraska they arent the jaugernaut you think they are.