Femi John interview...

biggdadiek

>Vee - I am not saying Roundtree should not have committed -

>all I am doing is pointing out that some including myself

>wonder why he did so early so all I am saying is why then

>question if John wants to wait. We have to fair to both.

Its February of his junior year. Polk committed April of his junior year. Did you question that?

>>While it would be nice to have early commits now - many were

>>questioning why Roundtree committed so early. So, why

>>question why John has not.

>

>Why wouldnt he commit to a top 25 team that's local early.

>What is their to wait on?

By that logic, why haven't Suggs, Brandenburg, or Thompson committed?

Maybe he's not ready to make a decision V. It's a tough decision that probably shouldn't be rushed into. If Roundtree and Booker fell in love with SIU, that's their choice. But others like to have time to think about it and weigh their options before they make commitments. The kid is a 3.8 student afterall.

>>>While it would be nice to have early commits now - many were

>>>questioning why Roundtree committed so early. So, why

>>>question why John has not.

>>

>>Why wouldnt he commit to a top 25 team that's local early.

>>What is their to wait on?

>

>By that logic, why haven't Suggs, Brandenburg, or Thompson

>committed?

>

>Maybe he's not ready to make a decision V. It's a tough

>decision that probably shouldn't be rushed into. If

>Roundtree and Booker fell in love with SIU, that's their

>choice. But others like to have time to think about it and

>weigh their options before they make commitments. The kid is

>a 3.8 student afterall.

I was talking about Roundtree. People were questioning why roundtree committed early.

>

>I was talking about Roundtree. People were questioning why

>roundtree committed early.

Gotcha. Well, I can answer that actually. 1.) People change their minds. That's why so many of the Notre Dame verbals jump shipped last week. 2.)Things change. Hypothetically, Lowery could leave SIU after this season and get a job with Iowa. Ya never know. So if you verbal too early, coaches who were previously recruiting you may not have scholarships anymore and then the player sits out a year to transfer into a higher marquee school. That happens from time to time.

So there are reasons why a guy can just wait until summer or early fall. But, like I said, it's their call and if they know what they want, who am I to say they shouldn't make an early decision.

>

>>

>>I was talking about Roundtree. People were questioning why

>>roundtree committed early.

>

>Gotcha. Well, I can answer that actually. 1.) People change

>their minds. That's why so many of the Notre Dame verbals

>jump shipped last week. 2.)Things change. Hypothetically,

>Lowery could leave SIU after this season and get a job with

>Iowa. Ya never know. So if you verbal too early, coaches who

>were previously recruiting you may not have scholarships

>anymore and then the player sits out a year to transfer into

>a higher marquee school. That happens from time to time.

>

>So there are reasons why a guy can just wait until summer or

>early fall. But, like I said, it's their call and if they

>know what they want, who am I to say they shouldn't make an

>early decision.

I think someone said Roundtree stated he would follow Lowery

Here is the thing about that V, would Lowery want him if he moved on? It would all depend on who was there and who was already coming in. He and Booker may have put themselves in a position that they might regret if their other choices have no spots left for them if Lowery moves on.

>Here is the thing about that V, would Lowery want him if he

>moved on? It would all depend on who was there and who was

>already coming in. He and Booker may have put themselves in

>a position that they might regret if their other choices

>have no spots left for them if Lowery moves on.

They would be fine regardless, Mizzou has 8 schollie open for 08 and they want athletes that fit the 40 minutes of hell system. They could always go there.

You can keep believing that your beloved MU was his second choice. I hope that makes you feel bettter. The fact is everyone around Stremler believed the night before his decision that he was headed to SLU. I don't care what lip service he paid to the local paper up there. It doesn't matter anyway we both lost out on him. It doesn't matter if you are the second place loser or the eighth place loser. Both schools were losers when it comes to him.

OK, I am sure that they are both right at the top of Anderson's list. V a little news for you, two of those 8 will be filled with players this year. Some people will not be back with MU next year. Second it is my understanding that Anderson wants to keep at least one of those slots open for the the 09 season. So that is five spots max. Maybe only four.

>OK, I am sure that they are both right at the top of

>Anderson's list. V a little news for you, two of those 8

>will be filled with players this year. Some people will not

>be back with MU next year. Second it is my understanding

>that Anderson wants to keep at least one of those slots open

>for the the 09 season. So that is five spots max. Maybe

>only four.

They lose 8 guys in 2008. If everyone isnt back next year, that opens up more scholarships, not less. They lose only 1 senior this year, but Lawrrence, Anderson, and Carroll can all go for free. Thats way more scholarships than the 5 you mention.

>You don't get it, BrianSTL. Mojo and Crean are BFF's. He

>knows all things pertaining to collegiate basketball. It

>doesn't matter how many articles, radio personalities,

>posters, personal contacts, friends, etc says it came down

>to SLU.

not quite, though I know a hell of a lot more that you (of course, so does my cat and just about any living breathing being), I just have people who know things you all wouldn't. I'll also take Stemler's word for it in regards to the interview he gave.

You still haven't backed up your bogus claim you made against me, NashvilleCoward. I'm waiting.

Is his word better than his family's word? People involved in these kind of things say what they believe they want there audience to hear. You know that Blaw. It doesn't matter who is right on this topic. He ended up at IU. It doesn't matter who finished second everybody but IU lost.

If Dandridge, Horton, Carroll,or Grimes leave after this season they will be off the books this year not next year. Then they won't have those spots for 08 they will be filled in 07. Those are some of the people that have been mentioned as not coming back next year. Here is something for you V. Why have people close to Grimes tried to find out about him playing for is old high school coach next year?

>If Dandridge, Horton, Carroll,or Grimes leave after this

>season they will be off the books this year not next year.

>Then they won't have those spots for 08 they will be filled

>in 07. Those are some of the people that have been

>mentioned as not coming back next year. Here is something

>for you V. Why have people close to Grimes tried to find

>out about him playing for is old high school coach next

>year?

You mean Pilz over at UMSL. Tell me why Grimes is starting right now in the Big 12 having a good season and would want to transfer. Does that make any sense. He's in the best shape of his life. He's playing inspired ball. That left handed dunk on Sasha Kaun was GREAT! Ofcourse Julian Wright got him back. I believe Horton will leave because he has lost his starting spot. Carroll isnt going anywhere, Anderson is his uncle, Anderson Jr is his cousin and assistant coach TJ Cleveland is his cousin. Carroll will start next year and might lead them in scoring. He's that good. I cant see any of those guys leaving with only one year of eligibility left. That doesnt really make any sense. The only guy who I think is a sincere threat to leave is Leo Lyons. He's a sophomore who could transfer and play 2 years elsewhere. He knows he probably wont start until his senior year if he stays. Like I said, Carroll, Anderson, Lawrence can all go to school for free so they dont have to have a basketball scholarship as they do know.

It has happened. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me either, but it has happened. If he were going to transfer back home I would rather see him in a Billiken uniform. But if he transfers out it looks like he will be going to UMSL.

The tigers want to open two more spots on the roster for this year. At least one of those will come from a junior transferring out. I hope it doesn't happen. I don't want them to have a spot to offer Powell.