7- Big XII

8- Mountain West

9- WAC

10- A-10

11- C-USA

12- Colonial

13- Horizon

14- WCC

Re the NIT, the field has been reduced to 32 teams. And with about 5 or 6 NIT bids now lost to lesser conference regular season winners that don't win their conference tournaments, the cutoff is about 77 or 78 in the RPI. SLU is at 72. The Billikens need to win for all purposes, NCAA and NIT.

The NCAA is the ultimate goal. I know others differ, but I would rather be in the NIT than out completely. The NIT is actually a very competitive tournament and certainly has better games than things like the winner of the play-in game between the SWAC and NEC winners and the overall #1 NCAA seed.

I think it is relatively obvious that the NIT is better than nothing. I will still be disappointed that we were not able to make the NCAA Tournament, but I will take the NIT over nothing. A nice little run in the NIT would build some excitement heading into next year and I think that is needed after another season of failing to reach expectations.

At the beginning of this season most, including myself, agreed that Brad should be left to coach this season but should probably be let go after this year if we didn't make the tourney and/or make a big recruiting splash.

Well, its Feb 12th, we are in 7th place in the 10th ranked conference in America and our only hope of making the tourney is a miraculous run through the conference tournament. Our recruiting class for 07 consists of..........., yet it seems most people are projecting Brad as our Coach next season and beyond.

Is it now that people are just acknowledging that Brad will probably be back next year regardless of how this season finishes, or do people really think that he has earned another year as our coach?