The reason this season has sucked

boardfan

Ian. I think we all would agree, this season took a turn for the worst when conference play started. Why? Because the big fellow went in the shitter. Someone of his size and talent should lead this team in rebounds most nights and scoring some nights. Since league play TL has lead the team in rebounding 4 times and tied for the lead once, Kl lead the team in rebounding once and pts twice, LM lead the team in rebound 3 times and tied for the lead once.

So, how has the big fella done? He has tied for the team lead in rebounding twice and lead the team in scoring once.

Is that BS's fault? He seems to be able to motivate other players. I think IV thought he was going to have an easy season, then head for the NBA.

If IV pulls his head out of his ass and dominates like he should, the bills should win the crappy A10 tourney then make some noise in the tourney.

Would have to say the two main reasons this has turned out to be a flop year so far: IV's disappearance and nothing off the bench. Too late to turn it around? No, but someone better stick a firecracker up IV's a**. The reason Nevada's doing so well is Frezakis knew if he wanted a shot at the NBA he was going to have to dominate. He's doing it. Somehow IV missed that.

... and is more of a complimentary player in my book than a dominating whirling dervish. Heck, the guy is practically immobile and somewhat mechanical and robotic ... not the freewheeling sort I'd associate with dominating games night in and night out. I expect that more of a Larry/Tommie type than an Ian type. I think for those of you that thought he was going to dominate, well, that didn't come true because I think it couldn't.

In the long run is Ian a disappointment right now for this year? To that, I'd agree. I know I expected more. But I think he snuck up on folks last yer, this year they are prepared. So inlosing the sneak attack, Ian needed a different avenue to get better and in my book, it was adding a servicable four that could be an option on offense, and be a banger/garbage man as well. In that way, as is the case now when two or three defenders go at Ian, a practical option was sitting on the low block with him. We didn't get that and I think that also shows the weakness of the bench. For those who believed JJ was finally going to "get it," well, disappointment city once again.

I also don't believe this season has "sucked" as the thread reads. What are we? Something like 15-9 without looking at the totals? That is far from "suck." Suck is Iona, Richmond, Cincinnati. I think we are way down on the expectations scale but suck? Sorry I disagree.

Because we all believed that this season was going to be a great one, not being great sucks. But in the long term view of things, this season does not suck, its not mediocre, and its slightly above average as far as typical Billie teams go. But it only goes as far as a motivated Ian takes it, as far as a limited bench contributes, and as far as the two sophomore guards take us.

I think the whole problem was we expected Ian to be the psychological team Leader. He has not been, and perhaps that is OK. Luke and KL appear to be the vocal leaders and TL the guy who will step up. He was never going to dominate but I never expected him to underperform this way.

It is time for ian to motivate himself or for KL, LM or TL to get in his face a little.