Is Ian our 2nd best center?

SLUDrew

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand Bryce has about 1/10th of Ian's ability, but at least he plays hard. I don't care what anyone says, Ian is not giving it his all out there. He makes silly passes, his free throw percentage is terrible, and he gets out-worked by every big man he faces.

Maybe he is hurt, but if that is the case then why is he playing and not healing?

Maybe something is going on in his personal life that none of us know about. Obviously there are things out there more important than basektball.

Whatever is going on, Ian hasn't been Ian, and I don't like the way we have been playing recently while he on the floor.

i dont know if he is only the second best or not, but it is for sure he isnt the player we all expected he would be this year. i am no longer fearful of his graduation and now believe we will be a better team next year regardless simply based on maturation continuity of polk, meyer, lisch, and liddell.

it wont take much recruiting to make this team better next year imo. and that is a direct slap at ian. sure his stats are somewhat close, but there is no denying he is softer than he was last year and no where near what we were expecting this year.

maybe they should give him a luke meyer or kevin lisch blood transfusion or something.

As bad as Ian has been he is still double teamed by everybody. He does open up the floor for our perimeter players. When Bryce or JJ are in the game they get single coverage. Brad is going to have to design a new offense next year or Tommie and Kevin will never get an open shot.

There was one play in the second half where he drop stepped, found himself right next to the basket, and didn't even hit the rim, taking minimal contact from the defender. Everyone watching was just screaming "F-ing dunk it already!!!"

He's 6'10". Arms outstretched, flat-footed, the ball is less than a foot from the rim. Stuff it. Quit being a wimp, Ian, plain and simple. You can't cry about not getting the ball now, everybody's playing you straight up.

I'd like to see a reporter ask him point blank "Do you WANT IT?" I would almost guarantee hesitation.

Husak is actually catching a few balls now, and he's flying around the court like he wants to be out there. I think that given substantial minutes next year, we could really see 7-8 points, 6-8 boards, and 2-3 blocks per game from him. Not all conference, but at this point, at least an Ian clone.