About Suggs

brianstl

Maybe I was overstating by saying his choices are down to those schools. He hasn't ruled any school out yet - that is true - but those are the top four as of now. Again, you can call me out all you want, but I'll believe who is telling me this over anyone on this board.

And as has been stated several times, Suggs is very close to his family and the feeling is he'll want to stay close to home. So SLU, Mizzou and the Illini have the edge over some of the other schools.

Nate, thanks for the info. Any talk on the street of any commitments for SLU in the upcoming 2 classes? If Roundtree committed to SIU, is there a chance John will commit to SLU soon? I realize that its too early for Suggs and Brandenberg, how about Thompson? Is he close? How about Powell or anyone else for the spring? Why hasn't Kramer committed, is it just assumed?

Really appreciate your thoughts!

>Nate, thanks for the info. Any talk on the street of any

>commitments for SLU in the upcoming 2 classes? If Roundtree

>committed to SIU, is there a chance John will commit to SLU

>soon? I realize that its too early for Suggs and

>Brandenberg, how about Thompson? Is he close? How about

>Powell or anyone else for the spring? Why hasn't Kramer

>committed, is it just assumed?

>

>Really appreciate your thoughts!

I haven't heard anything in regards to SLU's recruiting for the next two classes, and it hasn't been for lack of asking. I've asked several people in the know and nobody seems to have any answers.

I'm sure that's not the answer you were hoping for, but that's all I've got right now.

I've always assumed Kramer is committed to the Billikens. He's already a part of that program, with his attending games and filling in during practices whenever he can. If Brad is still there, that will probably be where Kramer goes.

- Nate

This is terrible. What a joke! We shouldnt be all that excited for Kramer either.

Brad is really doing his job, isnt he Roy? And if you are seriously banking on Suggs and Brandenburg coming to SLU, well, all I can do is laugh. HMMMM, SLU vs UNC? tough call. And what recruit hasnt said they would like to play close to home....especially on a local sports station? Do you really expect him to tell Frank C that he really wants to go to UNC or KU?

His profile on rivals.com says that we had offered him a scholarship.

The other programs to offer him were Indiana St., Illinois St., SEMO, and Southern Illinois.

These programs were listed but had not offered Baylor, Illinois, Missouri, and Purdue.

The other players in 2008 that rivals shows we have offered are.

Scott Suggs

Jared Swopshire

Steve Moore

John Brandenburg

Terrance Joyner lists us but we have not offered.

For 2007 from rivals

Playes listing us with no offer

Shannon Shorter

Breon Allen

Afam Muojeke

Yima Chia-Kur

Thiago Cordeiro

Barry Eberhardt

Leon Powell

D'Lancy Carter

Players we offered that went elsewhere

Melvin Goins - Ball State

Jacob Pullen - Kansas State

Zac Swansey - Georgia

Jake Kelly - Iowa

Cortney Dunn - Boston College

Lucas O'Rear - Northern Iowa

Kenton Walker - Creighton

Mike Tisdale - Illinois

illinois was recruiting kevin lisch all along. in fact weber was at both of kevin lisch's tourney's his junior year in high school. in fact made a big deal about how he flew straight from a mich st road game in a michigan snow storm in a prop plane with a booster to get to a game at the belleville east tourney kevin's junior year.

I just got in and have been reading the threads. I know you've had a rough day, but from this admitted "not wanting to make a change in the coach yet fan", I appreciate your comments and hope you will continue to provide them.

What do you feel is the issue with our lack of signing players? Are we aiming too high, or is Brad and his staff too hard to get to like? I realize they've been recruiting with many obstacles in their way, but these upcoming 2 groups are well aware of the changes in facilities, so it should be reduced as an issue.

Particularly, I'm interested in why Powell has not committed. Its been reported he spent all summer at SLU and made it known he wanted attend. SLU has offerred him a scholarship, one of our most successful alums is his HS coach and still no word. Is Anderson that much better of a recruiter than Brad that Powell is willing to wait and see if a scholarship develops. I guess that's the frustation with the Roundtree issue. Heck, we've gone after Powell for months and he has us hanging, while he waits for a better offer and Roundtree indicated he wanted to play at SLU, apparently receives an offer from us, says keep it, because he didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the staff. Seems liked we're screwed either way we go.

Again, I appreciate the input. I know they are 16-18 year old kids, and they frequently don't make sense.