Jeff Jordan......

SLUSER

>dale i already told you. last night was the first time i

>have seen him play. it doesnt take more than once to see he

>isnt as athletic as dwayne polk was in high school.

>

>dale, we are still waiting for that extensive list of

>schools that havent gotten into the ncaa tourney even though

>they had sub 40 rpi's. let us know when you get that

>together to prove i am wrong on my 40 rpi line.

He's WAY more athletic than Polk. Go to an AAU tournament. He's extremely athletic and that's how he makes up for his lack of size. And he's tough to guard because he's a lefty.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you havent heard of coaches promising specific playing time to get a recruit before you are the one that is foolish. and of course they dont sign anything. but not living up to a recruiting promise is poison that will only haunt a coach down the road.

dale other than missouri state, i cant recall you specifically mentioning any teams with top 40 rpi's that havent made the tourney. yet you keep telling me that my saying a top 40 rpi is an almost lead pipe cinch to get in is wrong. if you indeed did list the massive list of other schools that never got in, i would be glad to read it and if it indeed is long enough to rebuke my claim i will be happy to announce i was wrong. please give me the list of top 40 rpi schools that havent made the tourney that backs up your claim that a top 40 rpi finish means nothing.

i am sure you think the board thinks you are the wise one and just is dying to hear your every word. please tell us more about courtside.

for example, why the affection for marquette? with billiken law it makes sense. he got his undergrad degree there and has a personal relationship with coach crean. i totally understand his bias. but where does your marquette bias come from?

what about the love for desmet? where does that come from dale? did you go to high school there? you have kids there? where does that come from?

come on, tell us all about courtside.

>if you havent heard of coaches promising specific playing

>time to get a recruit before you are the one that is

>foolish. and of course they dont sign anything. but not

>living up to a recruiting promise is poison that will only

>haunt a coach down the road.

You dont think a ton of players are recruited thinking they'll play a lot and right away.

allowing a player to "think" he is going to play and PROMISING a player a starting spot and time are two different things.

>dale other than missouri state, i cant recall you

>specifically mentioning any teams with top 40 rpi's that

>havent made the tourney. yet you keep telling me that my

>saying a top 40 rpi is an almost lead pipe cinch to get in

>is wrong. if you indeed did list the massive list of other

>schools that never got in, i would be glad to read it and if

>it indeed is long enough to rebuke my claim i will be happy

>to announce i was wrong. please give me the list of top 40

>rpi schools that havent made the tourney that backs up your

>claim that a top 40 rpi finish means nothing.

>

>i am sure you think the board thinks you are the wise one

>and just is dying to hear your every word. please tell us

>more about courtside.

>

>for example, why the affection for marquette? with billiken

>law it makes sense. he got his undergrad degree there and

>has a personal relationship with coach crean. i totally

>understand his bias. but where does your marquette bias

>come from?

>

>what about the love for desmet? where does that come from

>dale? did you go to high school there? you have kids

>there? where does that come from?

>

>come on, tell us all about courtside.

Why the obsession with me Roy? Norman Dale isn't the nices of guys by the way...great movie...sort of like the Rudy movie...in real life...Rudy is not the best of people...but again the movies are good.

Do I really need to profess who I know and don't know in college sports coaching, high school ball, or professional level? I really don't think people care all that much about me here. They care about SLU hoops and SLU sports...SLU in general. That is why I am here, and many others.

Why do 90% of the people on this board post under anonymity? That's a pretty high number, from some very popular regulars I might add. There are people on this board who know about me and those like you who don't. I have no desire to engage myself with a middle aged man, who cannot refrain on a daily basis from name calling, arguing and baiting, and childlike antics. I believe it is possible to agree, disagree, etc...about topics without making it personal, without the name calling, without the rage when the topic is ever about anything or anyone you don't like or despise. It's an anger management issue for you. It is also a jealousy issue...when you actually look at the things or places or people you despise. Feel better about yourself Roy. See a counselor, even middle-aged men do it.

As for your post...we went through this many many times about the RPI...you changed your story within a thread and multiple threads som any times I couldn't keep track. I think the board is exhausted from my thoughts on that. You make a wild theory, change your theory several times, and have zero evidence to support your theory. I have a theory that my neighbor wears blue pants on Sunday's. C'mon Roy disprove my theory. You change your story, grab bits and pieces, change words...etc...then in a very aggressive manner try to bait and argue and apparently it works with many others, or you would have disappeared long ago.

Next in your post...I covered....the board doesn't give two bleeps about me...this is a freakin' internet message board. I have little to know value here, and certainly zero importance. I come here to gain information, and provide any if I have it. I go to th eUNC board to be entertained.

We have been through the Marquette topic many many times...you thought two different SLU guards were better players than Dwyane Wade...your hate of them came out in a rage...and I don't care for that sort of behavior. You also proceeded to say that Chris Braun was better than Steve Novak...and so on....I don't care what team or teams or players....you just seem to forget the others...or even the Polk discussion yesterday....your hatred for Marquette or Mizzou makes them stand out as the only thing you remember. That is a counselor issue. I can't help you with that. Am I suppose to change my opinion and say Perry or Love were better than Wade? Or Braun better than the Houston Rockets' Steve Novak. That isn't what I believe.

I don't have bias...I just don't have hate for the people, geographies, teams, etc...that you hate or despise....there is a big big difference.

DeSmet....probably in reference to posts with Torch. The posts were regarding this year's hs hoops....and it is apparent anybody who goes to games or watches that it is a parity party and frankly not at high level. I actually...if you read the posts....posted that DeSmet wasn't that good...weak guard play, turnover prone etc...too many injuries etc....in those posts. I will gladly debate anyone who thinks if two schools play 3 times, all 3 scores are decided by 2 points...with multiple teams winning...and thinks one schools is light years better than the other...don't care what team...especially if I have seen a bunch of games, and the schools have similar records etc....It became apparent in his posts that Torch favored a list of only African American head coaches and predominantly African American teams. That is a bias. And in fact racial bias. Torch could be red haired blue eyed...don't care. What I do care about is anythingn having to do with race. I am color blind in that regard. I don't care if is white, black, green, purple, blue, brown, etc...he had an agenda and it came out with each and every post....I also stuck up for Webster, St. Charles West, Troy....etc....I would never change any of my posts in that exchange. To list a long list of schools, and only choose those of a certain kind....without clarifying your bias...I have an issue with.

Now run along Roy....find your next person to argue with and fight with today.

>The intial post in this thread had nothing to do with

>Jordan's ownership stake in the Bobcats or Georgia

>Frontierre.

>

>Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!!!!!!!!!!

>

>Your "on topic" rant is classic!!!!!!!

It took you 6 posts in one thread to search and search....problem is Footes...I didn't initiate this thread as you did. I also didn't initiate a thread with any other intent except to flame. I replied on topic many many times in this thread....hardly the same thing as starting a thread, and completely changing my story and topic as that 2nd topic is the real reason for the thread.

And this post, again, had the only intent to flame. It's called being a troll.

dale, i have never changed my theory. i have been saying for a number of years now on this board that a top 40 rpi is an almost certain ncaa spot. you are the one that said that a top 40 rpi spot means nothing.

all i have asked in this string is for you to post the proof of all the teams that make my claim i have been making for years untrue.

i'll beleive you dont have the marquette and desmet loyalties when you quit defending and cheering for both here. you are always one of the first to defend and cheer for both whenever the opportunity rises.

as to anonimity, i have never endorsed messageboard anonimity. if it was up to me no one could post without posting their real names. sure that might take a lot of posters away, but a lot less lying and boasting would occur. i challenge you and any other posters to identify yourselves and back up with what you say with your own true identity.

that's an easy one. you wont.

Actually Roy, yes you did change several things so many times, it is impossible to keep up...this was covered.

Casual typo's are one thing, but basic 6th grade spelling is another. The word is "anonymity." I thought they had text books in Belleville.

This is a typcal Roy post, starts inevitably with some sort of name calling to try to agitate someone....this usually happens in grade school, but most of us go on to bigger and better things as Bob Knight once said.

Next it usually some form of re-hashing of an old topic....usually Roy aggressively misquoting someone, making up things that fit his present post and repeating it over and over and over again...so that perhaps someone out there will believe it as truth.

Next inevitably comes the ....if you don't hate or despise the same things as Roy...and actually deabte on the opposing side of Roy's childlike hatreds, he will make his own conclusions because in Roy's mind it is impossible to exist or co-exist if you do not write dollar signs for the opponent or post juvenile like hatred for the said school.

When Roy gets beyond his anger, his hatred, at some point he has to calm down a little...even Roy....and his frustrations come out...and he offers "challenges" as if this is Battle of the Network Stars or a modern day MTV game show. It oozes desperation. His cherry on top is is to say something, make his own conclusion, and then tell the other person what they would or wouldn't say, or do...in sad and even more attempt at not only desperation...but also some sort of self-justification and self satisfaction. And cycle is repeated like a dishwasher. Sometimes this is all done in one post...sometimes it is done in multiple posts in a thread...and sometimes it is done in multiple threads....but it is as consistent as the sun rising in the East.

so:

1. you arent going to prove my top 40 rpi theory that if you finish in the top 40 rpi it almost assuredly puts you in the tourney

and

2. continue to cowardly remain anonomous

thanks dale.

Here is the ESPN article stating that he has final say on all on basketball decisions. I would say that is a pretty big job with the team. It might require most people at least to spend some time with the team. He is a minority partner, who is in charge of basketball operations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2486172

I can't believe I am hearing some of this, are you not the same people that looked down their noses at schools that hired a coach or a father to get the kid, now you want to get a kid that will not help the team and get him so you can use the dad's name. Give me a player that can help and screw the name.