lisch watch

i didnt get to the game as hoped last night as my daughter's team has made it to the championship game of a tourney they are in and the semi's were last night. so i sent my scout, my son.

said centralia double and triple teamed kevin the entire night and kevin had to work like crazy to get shots. only made 3 of 17. still because of his superior free throw shooting, he ended up with 17 points.

my son said shaw has put on muscle like crazy and was spectacular. brought the ball up the floor against the press, then went inside and did everything else. that is saying a lot, considering centralia has nice guards as well that the coach believes matt is still the best player to have the ball against althoff's swarming defense.

shaw ended up with 24 points and 20+ rebounds and was outstanding. we missed out on a really nice player here folks. i only question had brad not wasted the first half of the summer chasing the underachieving grimes would shaw have become a billiken? instead, i am sure siu coach used that "second choice" negative recruiting angle to sway matt to carbondale. imo, this is brad's biggest recruiting slip to date.

next week the belleville east tourney starts. it will be tuesday, friday and saturday nite. it is a conference challenge format where belleville east, belleville west and o'fallon represent the southwest conference and belleville althoff, centralia and carbondale represent the south 7 conference. each team plays a game versus one of the opposing conference teams each nite of the tourney. thus you are guaranteed to see each of the teams in each night's triple header.

they have scheduled althoff vs belleville west for the last game on saturday night. better come early, they were turning away fans last night for the west vs east game. west being ranked fifth in the state and althoff 10th and carbondale and centralia getting votes as well guarantee that the place will be packed each night.

Centralia's defense was outstaning. Parker face-guarded Lisch all over the floor to deny him the ball. Then if he got the ball he was double teamed. NOw to Shaw WOW 24 points 20 rebounds 5 blocks and played the point.

ALthoff's coach never changed him game plan to try to free up Lisch. Four of Centralia's five starters fouled out. With Shaw only having 3 fouls. 56 fouls called in the game.

Also Conzo Martin assistant coach for Purdue was there watching Lisch for the first time.

consider who is spreading the rumor too....

I know Brad has a good relationship with Mr Lisch's father. I also know that Kevin's father did not want Kevin to play AAU ball, his reasoning was that it did not help players develop skills.....certainly not a bad idea, but if you were an AAU coach, would you think he is "getting in the way"

even with parker and whoever else guarding him, kevin still got shots all night long. and my understanding is they were good shots. so he wasnt denied, just harrassed. i feel sorry for the orphans come the game in belleville. i am sure kevin wont miss 14 shots the next time.

rusty is excitable, but he isnt gross and crude like slaten. plus he recognizes good coaching. he seldom "gives advice" to kevin's coach, who i think is the best coach in belleville. he always wanted to advise the girls coach, who i agree might be the worst basketball coach in the st louis area. i know for a fact rusty thinks the world of coach soderberg.

I know Kevin has been to a lot of our games this year. Was he at the USF game too? Hopefully he was there to see how good our team is capable of playing with a convincing win against a conference opponent.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Thanks Roy. I'm glad that if he wasn't at our game, he was off playing a game of his own and dominating like usual.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer