Ball Game

brutal getting hard to watch am huge tommy fan but certainly wasn t up to par today nice move brad bring in bryce for 3 seconds have him make a mistake and then yank him i never thought i d be saying it s time to go but bills are getting zero out of recruits dm s second game of year adam sat obi gone horace gone clarke gone floyd mc clain gone the list is getting longer man oh man it s getting tougher all the time being a billiken and soderberg fan

I HAVE GIVEN UP! And, for my long association with SLU basketball, this says a lot. With no recruiting and poor bench coaching, what is the upside? Follow that up with lousy opponents in an East Coast conference, and there's really no reason to renew my season tickets next year - it's a waste of money.

Long association? How many years is a 'long' association? Soderberg is a fine bench coach, recruiting is where he fails miserably. Lack of a vocal player-leader also seriously hurts this team. Tommy is a great player, but there is noone more quiet than him in the entire NCAA.

Disregard RHA he/she has some kind of agenda and is not a fan. If you have been a long time fan you know there has been many other dissappointing seasons why stop now?

We are stagnant on D and O. We are very predicatable. We have two of the best players in the conference and we run ZERO set plays for them. We can't defend the perimter to save our asses. We refuse tpo press even when the situation demands it.

Why do some insist he is good bench coach?

Good decision. There are probably a number of high school teams who have better talent on their bench with a decent coach. Those teams likely at least leave it on the court every night and actually play defense.

I listened to Brad Soderberg's post game remarks and he admitted that he does not have the answer at this point. Your time is up Brad. You have completely lost your team and it is time for you to start updating your resume.

Brad is just honest. That is why i like him. Honest and to-the-point. You can go root for K State, and have fun with big Bobby boy. You'll win games and you'll have your recruits, but you won't have a soul, and you'll have your lovely cheating, DUI-ridden coach. Just go away. I like to think my team has some morals and values. It's not all just about winning.

To insinuate that I have an agenda is just plain wrong. Yes, there have been worse times, but do we have to use Ron Ekker as a benchmark? Spoonball was great, until Charlie got tired of recruiting. Romar tried to get players, with Dollar's help, but at least the games were interesting.

"Disregard" me as you see fit, Father Biondi, but I have a point to make - just don't dismiss it, out of hand!

i m not as adamant as some over bs s future but i do think after seeing him play soderberg s kid is a stud i a lso think you d be running a huge risk of losing tommie and kevin if you can him and make no mistake tommie is an absolute stud in the making although it wasn t evident today and kevin is now and will cont to grow into a terrific college player

>i also

>think you'd be running a huge risk of losing tommie and

>kevin if you can him (Soderberg)

I disagree. I don't believe Brad Soderberg was the overriding factor in Lisch and Liddell's decisions to attend SLU.

I wonder if Scott Highmark would take the job if he were offered it. I think he'd make a great head coach (and recruiter too).

How did i say Soderberg was the only coach with any moral base? Don't stuff words into my mouth(or in this case maybe my fingers). No I haven't asked them. I don't need to. If you can find us a good-guy coach who is willing to work as hard as Brad and can recruit better, WHO IS WILLING TO COME TO ST LOUIS, then go ahead and try to get him here. You are just a yo-yo, man. I bet you root against this team, too.

I would not say I root against this team, but a part of me realizes that the best thing for this program is for Brad Soderberg to go and I think loosing games may be the only thing that gets that done. Listen to the callers on 590 and you will hear that people are fed up with Brad and starting to realize he needs to go.

Highmark has no coaching experience and is probably making more money then Brad is right now. Not an option.

Lisch is not leaving SLU and Liddell could go pro but realistically needs another year of seasoning. He can't turn it over that much. Sitting out a year would hurt his pro aspirations.

CAG

>

>Lisch is not leaving SLU and Liddell could go pro but

>realistically needs another year of seasoning. He can't

>turn it over that much. Sitting out a year would hurt his

>pro aspirations.

>

>CAG

you are correct. Tommie is already a year behind his HS graduating class having been forced to go the prep school route, he's not going to transfer and sit another year. Lisch said in the USA Today article that he wanted to stay close to home and family and that's why he chose SLU, he won't transfer either.

Ask youself this, is SLU better off today than we were 5 years ago? Why is it that we're losing to teams we were much better than 3 years ago? The program is not moving forward.