Observations and regards!

Billikan

I have never said I thought Luke should be the 4. I have always thought he should be the 3. Now, at the beginning of the season, I could understand UB's desire to start him as all our 4's were just beginning their college careers and AK the one I liked ... was coming off an injury. Now 15 games in nothing has changed ... that is a different story ... especially when we give up so many offensive rebounds and our 3rd guards contribute so little.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Skip,

Everyone knew coming Polk was very small....which is okay in my opinin if you are super athletic and can shoot. He can't shoot, and is a two guard.

TL is a wing, period.

TL has one of the greatest stories in college hoops this year...his outside shooting transformation is remarkable. But he isn't a point guard.

Proof is in the games. Can't handle pressure defense, and turnovers. That won't get better this season. Serviceable will cost you once in a while...and won't get you wins against the good teams. ...and won't separate you from the bad teams. Point guards do so much more than bring it up and handle pressure...dribble penetration creating for self and others, shooting, running offense, etc..

I didn't say either of them were pg's. I said they were recruited as pg's ... which they were. I disagree with you on Polk, he is closer to a pg than a 2. I don't think he is great at either though. Imo ... his main benefit to the team is his defense on smaller guards. I 100% agree on TL. Like I have said, I have been touting the need for a point guard just as you have.

I'm afraid David (below) may be right about TL. I think TL could develop into a pg ... more so than say a Marque Perry, who just never had the feel for the position ... but his handles need alot of work, but like you I feel he is best served on the wing. Trust me, I know the value of a true pg.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.