ESPN Men's College B-Ball Page

Taj79

Just clicked on it and there is a story by Pat Forde on CUSA getting a divorce but never looking better than it does today ... team performance-wise.

Of course, all the talk and words center on UC, UofL with Charlotte and Memphis getting the bulk of the rest. MU is somewhat of an afterthought and UAB gets a very minor mention but that is it. Even Forde calls USM's move of its "home" game to Green Bay as a sell out but his blame rests with USM mor ethan MU. I wonder if the promoter had any connections? If so, then that's where I'd look ... if he has a MU connection than Billikan Law's arguments are even more remote. Don't know, just speculating.

Also on that page, there is a "Vote for CUSA's Silver Anniversary Team." I thought for sure Hughes would be an option but he wasn't. You get to pick for two forwards, two guards and one center. I din't know Keith Lee played in CUSA.

vote for Pervis Ellison or Akeem Olajuwon at center? remeber when Heinrich neutralized The Dream in each and every match up? Oooh Mark Aguire or Clarence Witherspoon at forward? Hmmmmmmmmm. I would think that you would have had to play at least ONE game under the CUSA banner before you could qualify, yes? Darrell Griffith!?!?!?! He was a senior when I was a senior and the Midwestern Cities wasn't even born yet ..... not to mention the Great Midwest. How can he be voted on CUSA Silver Anniversary team? And isn't silver 25 years? Has it been that long?????????

... on the MU/Cinci game, ESPN is doing a "silver anniversary" team for each of the "top eight" power conferences. I would guess its the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, SEC, Big East, CUSA and maybe the A10? Maybe that last one could be the Big West? Mountain West? I don't know.

Anyway, why a "silver" anniversary? Who's anniversary is it? Basically, ESPN "invented" this "anniversary." They decided to start it now, and go back for 25 years. Must just be for fun's sake. I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than something invented.

The list for CUSA is laughable. For all intents, the only thing keeping Ed McCauley off the list is longevity. Not only didn't Keith Lee play in CUSA, without counting I would venture that 75% of those listed (or more) never played in an official CUSA game as well.

just to point out the absurdity of the list, we need to e-mail espn and point out that mccauley needs to be included.

It only includes players of the past 25 years, since ESPN started covering the games. Oscar Robertson and Easy Ed aren't elibible. Larry the Legend should be, however.