Just noticed

moytoy12

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

I was at the game. We were down 14 at the half mostly because we couldn't finish our drives to the basket. We came on strong the 2nd half to take a 6 pt lead, but couldn't hold on. The AR comeback was highlighted by fouls being called on all of their drives while virtually none on ours. Once we got the lead, I think we did the right thing - went right at them in the paint. Plenty of contact, but no calls. In retrospect, we should have worked for short jumpers; at least we could have gotten shots off, and any fouls would be more obvious. AR finished the game at the FT stripe and limped out of town with a lucky victory. BTW, Amanda Kemegez (sp?) was on the bench in street clothes. Had she been in there, I think it would be a clear win. With next year's recruiting class, I think we'll be top 25, based on my look at AR.

I assume that we haven't beaten a top 25 team but what do I know?

The women hustled for loose balls w/ Tyler Mc and Theresa Lisch diving all over the court. We had no size w/ our starting C out but they didn't have much either their 6'3 C did dominate and they had a 6' C w/ some heft that could push people around inside. We were up by a bit w/ about 9 min. left but couldn't capitolize on the series of three defensive stops. The women's team has 5 FR on the roster and will be a force next year and especially in our new dome.

I did notice Thorpe and Walker at the game with a dude who was about 6'7 or 6'8 and a guy that may have been his dad. I don't know who he was but they stood by him and talked with him the whole game and Cheryl even introduced herself to him once.

Almost swept the SEC today 1-1 is decent.