Billikens Final Record?

RUBillsFan

My somewhat conservative prediction for the Billikens final regular season record is 23-7. I figure they may stumble in a few conference road games possibly at Dayton or Xavier, etc. Then they could lose either to Mississippi or at Houston (possibly both). While 23-7 would be an impressive record, I'm not sure if it would be good enough to make the tournament without winning the A-10 tourney. I was just wondering what some other people though about what the Billikens record will be when the regular season is said and done. Really I think all the Bills games from here on out are realistically win-able. No daunting games on the rest of the schedule like UNC or Texas A&M were (where can really only pray the Bills scrape out a win someway somehow, but realisitcally you know it won't happen). Hopefully the Bills finish 27-3 all, but locking up the NCAA bid and then sweep the conference tourney which would likely get them a semi-high seed like 4 to 6ish? I can deam right?

My initial prediction was 18-12, I think. Now, I would say that we should win at least 20 games unless we have injuries. This also assumes A) that Kevin gets back on track and B) that Dwayne continues to elevate his game, especially his shooting.

I think they are capable of winning the rest of their games, but that certainly doesn't mean it is likely.

A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

Even with the bench not showing much so far, I think 23-7 is reasonable. Will that do it? From those the next 14 w's one or two has to be a road win against an X or DU. This team is no lock to win 14 more games...but there chances are probably better than 50-50 of doing so. The bench is the key. It's a long season and there will be injuries, there will be stretches where people get tired. Hopefully, we do not stumble against Ole Miss. They have a good record coming in here, and they've got the opportunity we won't have over the next 2 months, ie, to knock off more bigs than we will during conference play. Still if we go 23-7, we better win at least 2 in the A-10, because the A-10 is probably not going to get more than 2 bids.

I think 23-7 will get us in for sure, but I think we have to be realistic. I see no reason they can't go 14-2 in the A10 considering the level of competition, but our two best players are still underclassmen. They did fall pretty far behind on the road vs. Pacific and I can see a loss or two in the conference that we don't think should happen. I think 12-4 is the best it is reasonable to hope for. Anything less would be extremely disappointing, anything more would be gravy. Even with this expectation, a few A10 tourney wins has us knocking on 25 wins. That's hard to ignore in any conference.

is that we still have Houston, Xaiver, Temple, St Joes, Umas and Dayton all on the road.

There is the season. we likely need to win at least 4 of those.

we also go to st bonnie, fordham, and rhodey. we have to sweep them.

the road to the ncaa will go through our remaining road games which quite frankly we havent shown an ability to win in 10 years.

ok. say we beat Mississippi. then we lose 4 of those tough road games say at Houston, Dayton, Xavier, and St. Joe's. that still puts us at 23 - 7. We'd probably be in the top 3 in the A-10. If we win a couple in the A-10 tournament, does that get is into the NCAA tournament? a record of 25 - 7 while playing in the A-10. I think that still puts us on the bubble although i'd hope that would be enough to get us in.

I agree though if we win 4 out of those tough road games we would likely be at 25 - 5 (if we beat Ole Miss) probably going into the A-10 tourny as the top seed. I think that would get us an at large bid.